My Blog List

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Still Christmas at Our House

Despite the fact that the stores all are featuring Valentine items, we still have our Christmas decorations up. They won't come down till tomorrow, Epiphany, and who knows when the train will be put away? (I always hope by Easter!) This is one of the few cross stitch projects I've done and kept; most have been gifts. I fell in love with this pattern at first glimpse because the snowmen reminded me of our choir....one of the most fun musical experiences we've had.


After posting the raccoon photo, I realized we didn't have a good photo of Ginger. (She's the black blob in the confrontation photo.) So Dick took this one. In looking back at old pictures, it's very apparent she's now a full grown kitty! And a tough subject as she won't pose in a way that shows her pretty coloring. She's a tortie, has 3 dark legs with a dark stripe down her face, and most photos make her look black, but she's not. When we adopted her last year, we promised to keep her inside, and as you can see on the raccoon picture, our backyard is filled with dangerous critters, lots of them!

7 comments:

Ele said...

Hi Judy,
You have a very wonderful cross stitch picture created with the singing birds and the snowman as a conductor. I also sing in a small choir and every time I look at the community, the singer connects us.
A happy time with singing and stitching whish you Gabriele

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Judy! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your blog. Love your Ginger! What a beauty. If you ever get a really good photo of her face, please let me know.

gocrazywithme said...

Hi Judy,
I love the cross stitch snowman and bird choir. We still have Christmas decor up, too. Some years I can't wait to have the space back, but this year I'm just enjoying the tree too much! Happy Epiphany and beyond!!!!
Janet in Colorado

NormaH said...

Hi Judy, Love your snoman with choir!

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Judy,that's a very nice snowmanpattern!Yesterday I've stitched a snowman,too!!!
How kann I help you with the pattern of Mausimom?? You can't store the pattern in your PC or you don't have a printer to print them?? What's your problem? I can send you the pattern in a letter or in an e-mail!
Liebe Grüße von Ulla

Jane said...

Hi Judy, The pic of your cat makes him look like a "bruiser". I love Torties. We had a Tortie named Rainbow and she was 24, yes, 24 when she died. We had to have her put to sleep because she started peeing on our couch. The vet said it was a pscho thing, not a physical one or we wold have treated it. She was in good shape for her age and mostly hung out on the back of the couch in the window. I don't know, but I think she would have lived alot longer. That was 1 1/2 years ago. Sorry about being so "talky".
I enjoyed looking at all the things you're up to!!

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Oh,Judy,there is a summer bird on Mausimoms blog!!! You click on "Freebie" and at the bottom you find "Ältere Posts" there you go back,...and you will find the sunmmer bird and some other nice pattern! I wait for the spring bird now! She will make it for spring 2008!
This time I make ornaments,but I also have the idea of a pillow with the birds!
Wish you a nice day,Ulla