My Blog List

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Memories


On Sunday when I was putting away the Christmas ornaments, I stopped a while to look at this little handmade stocking. It's only about 4 inches long, made of felt, and embellished with stitching and beads. Sadly I have no recollection where we got it, probably a local craft fair, but it sure is cute, and someone put a lot of time into making it.

And then on Monday, just when I thought everything had been put away, I found another ornament I made a long time ago from a pattern my friend Jane gave me. It was fun to make, and next year perhaps I'll make some more.

Here's the back view:


It seems as if each little ornament has a story to tell, including the little glass apricot that hung on our tree years and years ago back in Wisconsin. Hopefully it will survive after we're gone, and someone will hang it up, wishing it could talk, too.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the little stocking, and the star, too. Maybe next year, you can do an ornament every day for advent, and tell some of those stories!