My Blog List

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Some Finishes and a Fun Park

Mystery solved! Yesterday I wrote a post and couldn't find it on my blog.  It turned out to have been posted on Tuesday Stitches, a long ago group blog that I belonged to. So I will try again this morning! Lately I've been trying to whittle down my stash by knitting some charity hats.



This one is a baby hat. I used a pattern for a Pumpkin Hat and knit it in the round. 


And this one is a pattern I've made lots of times. Only now I knit it in the round also.


This one is on its way to our older daughter who lives in the chilly Midwest. The pattern is Quick Switch hat and is fun and a bit challenging to make.




Last week we went to Meydenbauer Bay Park which is one of many parks on Lake Washington. It's in Bellevue and is a short walk from the Bellevue Downtown Park. 


And we were rewarded by seeing a cormorant!


We took another fun walk yesterday with our friend, Nancy, but that's for another post.  Maybe by then I'll have another finish?  Have a good day!










 





10 comments:

Araignee said...

Beautiful hats-so colorful with some rally cool patterns!

Delighted Hands said...

The hats are gorgeous; you have wonderful parks/scenery for your walks!

Dee said...

Lots of pretty hats. The pale colors on the first hat are so pretty.

Caffeine Girl said...

Charity knitting is such a good use of yarn! I should do more of it.
You live in such a beautiful place. That cormorant is stunning.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Several years ago, I knit baby sweaters, hats, and socks out of the yarn in the first photo. It was fun to see the stripes emerge. Thanks for triggering the memory of those sweater sets.

Betsy said...

Suche pretty hats! I like all of the different patterns.
You must be having much nicer weather to be able to walk around the park.
Blessings,
Betsy

karen said...

lovely to see what you have been up to! We hope to start getting out and about and possibly joining some museum passes.

kathy b said...

Judy

The hat is a11 about spring! 1ove it . G1ad your daughter got that gorgeous hat. I'm crocheting f1owers this week. I have no 1uck knititng right now. My hands are acting odd. I have to discuss w/my doctor today. Maybe a med is causing.

Hugs
kathyb

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great hats! I'm jealous of all the greenery you have. We are currently getting a mix of snow and rain all at once - it's a mess out there.

Mrs. Micawber said...

Great hats! The Quick Switch one looks like it has a fun construction.

How exciting to see a cormorant. They're so fun to watch when they dive into the water.