My Blog List

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Another Hat and Another Walk

I just finished this hat before my friend stopped over to pick up some yarn as well as the other hats I'd made for Jubilee Reach, a a great charity in our area. The pattern is Ribbed Cap and is free on Ravelry.



Last weekend, before it got really cold, we took an interesting hike and even learned some Seattle history in the process!  On the way to the O.O. Denny Park, it started to rain and then the rain turned to sleet.  Luckily when we reached our destination, the skies turned blue and stayed that way until the end of our walk. We didn't get too wet though.


Apparently O.O. Denny was the first non-native boy born in Seattle. His parents were some of the founders of Seattle.



The trail includes what is left of the oldest tree in our county.


This tree grew out of an old stump!


And this is Denny Creek which finally empties into Lake Washington.


In addition to the wooded trails, the park is on the beach and apparently a spot where people like to kayak and also where you can see lots of birds. We think these birds are wigeons.


Enjoy your day!  We are going to try to walk today; hopefully we wimps won't freeze as it's only in the twenties here which is unusually cold.



7 comments:

Araignee said...

That is some tree. I thought we had big trees here but that one makes ours look like toothpicks!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sylvia Is an impressive tree. I’ve never heard of wigeons:they are interesting birds.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Soooooo green!!!!
We got a little warm up early this week (though it poured rain so I couldn't even go outside and enjoy it) Now we are back to cold and snow (boo!!!)

Sylvia is a wonderful tree... it's amazing to think of all that she has seen

Dee said...

That looks like a beautiful park.

Betsy said...

That is such a sweet little hat. Love the colors.
I regret not exploring more around the Seattle area when we had the chance. Since we didn't intend to move back to Omaha for several more years, we thought we would have exploration time when Dennis retired. It looks like a beautiful park and I'll bet Sylvia was something to behold when she was standing.
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful highlights to your walk! This hat is very pretty!

kathy b said...

You are a tree hugger.! Proud of you!
Your hats are dar1ing. Thanks for the hiking trip. It is in the 20s and snowing and I'm staying In. I have a teddy bear to finish and another one to make. I have no idea who I wi11 give them to , but they may be part of the Mother Bear Project.
YOu wou1d think I'd be knitting socks for WarmHeartWarmSock my own doing . But, I have 7 to contribute for now. So the socks are up to 21 with yours.!!! March is the drop off month. With restrictions being re1axed a bit, they wi11 1ike1y take them in after March 1.