My Blog List

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Two More Dishcloths and Some Sunshine!


Can you see the stitch pattern in this one?  I was amazed to see what the yarn did though.


This one is similar to Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth that I've made many times.  I wasn't using wooden needles though, and have definitely decided I much prefer them. 


We recently had several days in a row of sunshine this past week after a crazy mixture of hail/snow on Monday evening that even caused a few cars to get stuck on our hill. This view of our city was taken on one of my standard walks that takes me up one of the highest hills in our area. This is the one where if they decide the school buses can get up there in the snow, they don't cancel school for the day!

~~~
Have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Nice dishcloths! That pooling is crazy. You couldn't make that happen again if you wanted it to.
We had a glorious day yesterday after a week of rain and today....more rain. Cold rain. Ugh.

Delighted Hands said...

I love it when pooling works out in our favor--beautiful!
The view is stunning!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Two more fun washcloths! It's surprising sometimes how the yarn knots/crochets out! Pretty view of your city...That's a pretty big hill!

Tired Teacher said...

Love the first dishcloth - both the stitch pattern and the pooling! I prefer metal needles for how the yarn slides on them: wooden needles grab the yarn too much.

Betsy said...

I really like the dishcloths, especially that crazy pooling. I use wooden needles for most everything but for socks I like my metal dpn zings for those and love them, although I also have Knit Picks dpns in the wooden rainbow design and really like them too.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

karen said...

I have to make some dish cloths for Easter but I'm dragging my butt. Lovely knitting and yay for sunshine, I hope it returns for us!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The way the yarn worked out on the first one is pretty wild!