My Blog List

Monday, December 26, 2022

Brrr! Lots of Time for Knitting Here.

Well, we had an interesting week, first snow and then lots of ice! It was so icy here that we couldn't even walk to the mail box at the edge of our driveway, but that didn't matter because we didn't get any mail after Tuesday until Christmas Eve! Our younger granddaughter took a great video of a car slipping and twirling down the hill by their house. The driver jumped out somehow and the car stopped when it hit a car parked on the street.  Her video which I tried to post was even shown on the KOMO news!  Ever since Saturday, it's been raining, so no snow or ice is left now.


These were for Stella. She wanted a pattern from long ago, and I couldn't find it, so I improvised, using the stitch she wanted. I should have made the leg shorter, but she seems to like them.


When I stared this scarf, I failed to realize the yarn colors were like those of several of the local sports teams, so Max seemed quite happy with it.


 My sister requested a red hat, and since I had yarn left I made a pair of mittens.

~~~~~

That's it for now. Have a good evening!

9 comments:

Dee said...

We saw that video. It was shown on the local news here! Congrats to your granddaughter.

Lovely projects. I love the stars on the hat. So pretty.

Betsy said...

Lovely gifts. That hat is gorgeous. We saw that video too. Congrats to your granddaughter. The video was obviously picked up by stations all over the country if Dee and I both saw it!
My best friend and her husband drove over Snowqualamie on Friday from Spokane to Seattle and apparently it was a very "interesting" drive to say the least. The arrived back home in Spokane safely tonight.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Wonderful knits! I love the red and white set!

Our roads have finally opened up. Hoping we can get to see the family on the weekend.

Delighted Hands said...

Lovely knitted items--that make such great gifts! Pretty cool the news showed your granddaughter's video!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your knits are beautiful: I especially like the hat.

Araignee said...

What beautiful projects!
It has been crazy weather-wise this year. We were so lucky just to get the cold. As bad as it was to have highs of 10 degrees at least we didn't have to shovel anything.

You mentioned not being able to find mincemeat in a comment. I made my own this year and it was so much better than the store bought stuff in the jars. It was also very easy to make. I found the recipe on Allrecipes and it doesn't use suet just butter. I just finished my last little pie for lunch today and it was so good.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260314/mincemeat/

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

super cool knitted gifts and oh my! need to be extra careful with ice on the roads!

Sandy said...

Loevely knitted goodies! Sorry to hear about car sliding etc., it's been so ugly and so cold in so many places. Canceled flights and long car delays it's really made life difficult for anyone traveling for the holidays. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

karen said...

you've been busy!! love the projects and hope your holidays were grand!