My Blog List

Friday, December 16, 2022

Our Big Surprise!

After a recent snow, when we were finally able to take a walk without slipping, we saw something at a house we'd passed many, many times before without seeing even one!


These were only two of the ones we got to photograph.  Normally, the only animal we see there is "Woofy" (Our name for him) and you guessed it, he barks a lot. Do you suppose all these times he's been trying to tell us about the chickens?

Enjoy your day and stay warm! It's supposed to snow again here soon and then get colder, so we will be back to slippery hills!


6 comments:

Araignee said...

We took a trip out today to a nursery that used to have chickens and I used to love to see them-only they were all gone. The whole site was cleared to make way for an outdoor event space. I was so disappointed. I loved seeing those chickens run to you when they thought you had food. They really are hilarious.

Dee said...

Always fun to see something new when you are out for a walk.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice new discovery--I love to be around chickens; raised them for decades!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love chickens!

karen said...

aren't that sweet? Chickens are not allowed in my neighborhood, I know this because my sister wants some!

SueR said...

Haha, now I would be surprised to see a chicken in our neighborhood. Don't think they'd make it for very long--we've seen fox around here. We're at the edge of the neighborhood, and there are a lot of woods around.