My Blog List

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Another Hat and an Ice Skating Adventure

Yesterday we had a fun afternoon! We took our 2 local grandkids and their adult cousin ice skating at the holiday ice arena that is available in mid November through December in our Down Town Park. We couldn't have done it without Charlie to help the kids. They were a bit tentative at first, but I think they had a lot of fun. After words he even took them to the park playground before they left for home in Magnolia. While they were doing that, we took a very long walk to where Dick finally found a place to park as all of the parking spots at the park/rink were full. (We have gone there lots of times and have always found a place to park; Charlie was lucky as he was in the right spot at the right time and got a place there.)



I offered this hat that I had just finished to Stella, but she decided it wasn't her style, so I will give it to charity. That yarn is quite fun but is no longer available.  She was wearing some gloves and socks that I made though.😊


Enjoy what's left of the day!

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a fun hat! Someone is going to ❤️ it.

Dee said...

I miss ice skating. The last time I skated was at Light Up U.C.F. in Orlando.
I guess those days are over for me. :-(

Looks like the kiddos had a good time.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Skating is always fun - especially with kids!

Love the hat! So cute!

Betsy said...

They sure look like they're having fun. I have never ice-skated. I know I would for sure have broken something if I had tried. I'm the clumsiest person I've ever known! The hat is super cute and someone will love it.
Blessings,
Betsy



Araignee said...

After all those years I spent competitive skating I haven't had my skates on in years. 2019 to be exact. Daughter (an ice skating coach) is having the Grand's first birthday at an ice rink so I am going to be very sorry I didn't keep practicing. It was so much fun and great exercise but I have to drive too far to get to a rink. We don't have a single one in the whole county.

Delighted Hands said...

Now that looks like a great time!

Jules said...

How fun!