My Blog List

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Finally a Finish!

 It's been kind of busy here! We had a wonderful visit from our oldest grand daughter, and then had some landscaping done in our front yard. Despite the craziness, I actually finished a sock that had been ripped out and then started with a new pattern.  It fought me a bit, but they are done and even match pretty well.


We had a nice time with our sweet grand daughter and took her to see Snoqualmie Falls, and Bainbridge Island.  (On the island, we also visited a new yarn shop called La Mercerie. I behaved myself though and only bought some cute buttons.)We also took quite a few walks together before taking her over to our daughter's house for the rest of her time in Seattle. That night we all walked at Discovery Park and watched a beautiful sunset over Puget Sound.


Happy Cousins
 

One of the big trees at Snoqualmie Falls

Not too longer after that, we had some landscaping done and are very happy with the results.


Apparently this lace cap hydrangea approved and showed its approval with this bloom!



Enjoy this first day of a new month.  How did it get to be August already?

7 comments:

Dee said...

Your lace-cap hydrangea is beautiful. Steve just put in five Endless Summer hydrangeas.

Sophia is getting to be a grown up. Glad you could spend a bit of time with her this summer.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those are fun socks!
I'm not a huge fan of hydrangeas, but that one is stunning

Betsy said...

Your granddaughters are both beautiful young ladies. I'm glad you were able to spend time together. And...those socks are great! So colorful and fun.
It's been SO HOT and humid here. Today was the coolest day for quite some time at 80F but with the humidity at 89% it was miserable outside.
Take care my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Araignee said...

What beautiful photos!
Those socks are fun. I do love a rainbow stripe.

Delighted Hands said...

Pretty socks! The hydrangea are so fancy--I love mine! Glad you got to spend time with your grand daughter!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Striped socks are cheerful and fun!

karen said...

How you only bought buttons is a miracle to me. Lovely photos of your family and I adore the socks. Sounds like you are having a great summer.