My Blog List

Thursday, August 24, 2023

What a Nice Surprise!

 Not long ago Dick found this strange looking thing in the garage when he was looking for something.


All that he could see was the very top of the stem, and when he dug down a little further,
it turned out to be an Amaryllis that had been banished when it failed to bloom.


Well, it made up for that! After a few days in the sunshine, it had two pretty buds which was a very nice surprise.


The pretty flowers lasted for about a week! (And it will soon be time for it to go back to the garage...)
~~~

Hope you all are having a nice week; I've not been doing much knitting the past couple days because my hands are sore. Hopefully the soreness will go away soon!





8 comments:

Betsy said...

What a beautiful surprise for you. My orchid lost it's last bloom today. It's been blooming with the same blossoms since January, so I guess it was time. Now it just looks forlorn. Hopefully more buds will return soon.
I pray that the soreness in your hands is soon gone so you can hold those needles again.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful!
Hope your hands are feeling better soon!

karen said...

always love when nature does it's magic! hope you heal fast.

Dee said...

Dumpster diving rescue for the win.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I ❤️ it! Nature is full of surprises.

Araignee said...

Oh, wow! That's really amazing. That little thing really wanted to bloom.

Sandy said...

What a nice find, glad you got to enjoy it. I've never had one; but often tell myself I should get one.

Delighted Hands said...

I hope your hands let you knit soon! The amaryllis is very cool!