My Blog List

Saturday, February 25, 2023

FINISHED! (Finally)

I have been working on some WIPs lately and finally finished these mitts, one of which was completed in the last century. Sigh, and now I know why: after finishing that one, I decided it was enough. This pattern is probably the most difficult one I've ever done.  However, I have enough beads to do it again, but not for a while, that's for sure.  Besides, I have more WIPs to attend to. Are you surprised?


 The pattern is called Winding Stairway Mitts and includes vikkel braid and some beading. The beading is done one by one using a crochet hook which isn't difficult. However, the vikkel braid was hard, at least for me, and that's what makes the steps. The photo is of the left glove front and the right glove back, and it shows the vikkel braid plus mostly left cross cables. So, if you are bored, give this pattern a try and see what you think. 😉 You can rest assured that I will be doing some stockinette stitch tonight! (Just edited this to delete all those spaces and don't know where they came from!)

8 comments:

Dee said...

They DID turn out very pretty though.

I don't think I'll be giving those a try. They LOOK hard.

Delighted Hands said...

these are beautiful mitts and the fact that they might be the only one of its kind makes it more beautiful! lol

Betsy said...

They are so pretty though! I've also made a few patterns that I said I would never do again either.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

congrats on pulling pout an older UFO and finishing it!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very neat mitts! Well done!

Araignee said...

That's a very pretty pattern. Congrats at sticking with it. Anything with bead work is beyond me. I've done it before with knitting and stitching and it makes my eyes cross and my head hurt.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The mitts are pretty. Kudos for finishing them!

karen said...

those mitts are delightful!!