My Blog List

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Done!


What in the world is this? That's probably what you thought when you looked at this photo, isn't it?


Well, as you can see, it's a two-sided hat that's supposed to be extra warm!


It was kind of like knitting a giant sausage! It's not a difficult pattern, however, I am not sure how to block it.  Any suggestions?  As for warmth, I will let you know after the recipient wears it, and that won't be for some time because she's off enjoying the sunshine at the moment.


10 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’m knitting this hat as well (my fourth) - great mindless knitting. I didn’t block any of the hats.

Araignee said...

It looks great! I'm still slogging away on my second try. My first one was huge. This one looks about right but it feels like it will never be done.

Betsy said...

That's a great looking hat. I don't think most people block hats but some I've seen have those styrofoam head forms from the craft store or even on a coffee can or bowl!
Blessings,
Betsy

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

so cool that it is reversible! great work!!

Delighted Hands said...

I block this kind of hat by throwing it in the washer and dryer! lol
It is very pretty--

karen said...

I want to knit that someday! It looks like such a comforting pattern to knit up. Yours is wonderful!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Perhaps block it on a balloon?

Either way, it looks great!

Sandy said...

I've never blocked a hat, so no help there. I like that's it doubled for warmth and reversable...very nice.

SueR said...

That really is a cool pattern, and I like the colors you chose. Very pretty. I've never blocked a hat either, but I thought the styrofoam head form someone mentioned was a pretty good idea.

AdrieneJ said...

Oh wow! I love that! I am totally going to give that a go. I wonder if that work work for a hat that has a lace overlay... I must experiment!