My Blog List

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Fifty-Seven Years!

It's been 57 years since we started our life together along with lots of love and laughter, plus three children and five grandchildren.  We have been truly blessed!



On our honeymoon, we drove to San Diego, CA, in two cars. Dick worked for General Dynamics and I taught school in Poway, CA. Because I had sixth graders who couldn't read, I went back to school and earned my Masters and then worked as a reading teacher under the Miller-Unruh Act. Back then when you became pregnant, you had to quit at 6 months!  (Dick's mom was engaged for 9 years because back then, a teacher could not be married!)  After 12 years in San Diego, we moved to Seattle with our 3 young children and have lived in the same house ever since. Our 3 kids are all grown now and are busy raising our grandkids, all 5 of them. We will soon gather altogether for another family reunion, a tradition we started many years ago. Since this photo three more grandkids have been added. This is a photo of a reunion with my family and my sister's family  in 2012 on the St. Croix River in Minnesota.


And now we are both retired, Dick from Boeing, and me from several different adult literacy programs.  We were privileged to participate in several wonderful tours with our church choir and have enjoyed lots of travel adventures.  Yes, it's been a great 57 years! As I said earlier, we have been truly blessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

9 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary. I enjoyed reading about your lives together over the last 57 years.
I pray that you will have many more happy years together.
Blessings,
Betsy

Araignee said...

Happy anniversary! Isn't it just amazing when you look at all two people can accomplish in that time together. What a beautiful family!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your wedding photo. I had a cousin who lived in Poway, CA for several decades.

Dee said...

Happy anniversary! Enjoy that big family reunion!

AdrieneJ said...

Happy Anniversary! My mother also worked for Boeing as a technician, and I am also a former teacher. Small world!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Barbara Curiel said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful milestone!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Congratulations! I love your wedding outfit - so classic and beautiful!

karen said...

Happy Anniversary to you two love birds!