My Blog List

Monday, March 7, 2022

More Knitting, More Walks, and a Wild Animal

 Recently I got these socks out to wear on a walk and discover a hole it the toe, and I don't think it was a moth. Anyhow, I love this pattern and decided to fix it. Can you tell which toe?


I've been knitting hats for a local charity lately and have two more finishes.


This is a frequently used pattern by me, but this time I used a strand of mohair along with the worsted yarn. That's why you can see some bits of color along with the fuzz.


This is another pattern I've knit before, but this time I didn't use "pumpkin colors".


Last week on a nice day, we took a walk at one of our favorite spots, Coulon Beach, which is on the shores of Lake Washington, a lake that separates Seattle from the Eastside. At the bicycle entrance there is this cairn, and I always like to try to add a rock to it.


When we headed back to our car, we saw a huge flock of these birds. It took us a while to figure out that they are coots.


My sister and her husband are waiting out part of the MN winter in Arizona. They keep having these visitors on their patio, sometimes a whole lot of them! You can find a movie of the herd on my FB page if you wish. (They are peccaries also known as javelinas.)  I think I'd rather see birds!  How about you?
                                                                 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Have a nice week!



10 comments:

Dee said...

I'll take the birds! Yep. BIRDS!

Those javelinas don't look friendly.

I have a friend in Cave Creek, AZ. Between the rattlesnakes and the javelinas, I'd move!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Yes, I would take the birds, or deer over the javelinas. Nice repair on the sock toe.

Araignee said...

Whoa....that's one scary looking critter. If I saw that on my deck I don't know what I would do. I was just reading a tweet from a reporter who took a nap in his hammock only to wake up and discover he was sharing the hammock with a raccoon. He thought it was his cat at first. I had to laugh.

Caffeine Girl said...

I enjoyed learning about Javelinas, but I am glad they don't live in Wisconsin! I could see how they could become dangerous pests.

Good job in the sock toe. I could not tell which one you mended!

Betsy said...

That is a great job on the sock toe. It looks perfect. I enjoyed the picture of you trying to put a rock on the cairn. Fun! I used to try to make them at the beach at the lake.
As for your questions I'll take the birds every time. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

Nice repair on the sock! The mohair added to the blue hat is perfect--what a pretty halo. The peccaries are not appreciated, by the home owners, I'm sure.
Like the wild pigs we get here--they can destroy a yard overnight! And they aren't friendly!

kathy b said...

You are too good and I cannot find the toe fixer upper!
Your charity hats are awesome.
We saw those creatures in Arizona once!!! and their poop!

karen said...

I have never worn a hole in any of my knit socks (I have gentle walking feet?) but my husband is notorious for blowing holes out everywhere - toe, sole, heel - you name it!! isn't that weird? Lovely knitting!

Sharm said...

That beastie looks like a wild pig ready to cause trouble!!! Loving the socks and I'll be checking out the link to the pattern - many thanks for that!

Juliann in WA said...

I always enjoy reading about your walks.