My Blog List

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Our Deer Lounge

 On an afternoon last month, we looked our our window and saw this deer lounging in our backyard.




And just a few minutes ago, we had another visitor!  This one seems just as comfortable but has larger horns and its coat seems a different color.  Before leaving, it enjoyed a snack of salmon berry leaves, but thankfully ignored everything else!



I wonder what we'll see next?  Hopefully not the bear that seems to wander around in these parts!

10 comments:

Araignee said...

My sister sent me a photo last week of a bear that came to visit them while they were staying in a cabin in Luray Virginia. Yikes.

Dee said...

Looks like he has made YOUR backyard HIS!

Betsy said...

So beautiful but frustrating too. Deer have eaten all of the geraniums from one plant and the petunias from another. I'm hanging most of them up in the air. All except the concrete planter full.
Blessings,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

I love to spot a deer! What a treat to see them so relaxed in your yard! The first one is still in her winter coat; the second one has on his summer one already! Neat difference.

kathy b said...

Bears! Yikes! Black Bears??? I don't think they take down dear. I could be so wrong. I think they are berry and tree and insect eaters. Oh and fish

karen said...

Aw, I love when the deer sit in my yard but they do that around hunting season.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I bet it’s the same deer:the horns grow amazingly fast.

Mereknits said...

We have a deer buffet in our backyard, but I think I have finally found something they won't eat, society garlic and pentas. Your deer are gorgeous.

Rian said...

Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you’re getting better, glad to see you posting again!

Juliann said...

They look so content. We have not seen any deer yet but I am sure they will return.