My Blog List

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Finally a Couple Finishes!!

 Now that this project has been finished and delivered, I can finally share it.  When I saw this kit, I knew it would be just perfect for our organist who is retiring next Sunday after 30+ years at our church. He also plays the piano, and his wife is an amazing flute player. It took a long time to stitch though.



And I actually completed a pair of socks as well as another bracelet.





At the moment, I'm working on another cross stitch that is quite complicated and another pair of socks, but in the meantime we 've been doing  lots of yardwork and taking lots of walks.
   Last Wednesday we had a crazy afternoon. It was really warm, so we decided to go to Gig Harbor, WA, for dinner and also visit one of my favorite yarnshops. When we pulled into the parking lot at the shop, I nearly fainted because the yarnshop was GONE! Luckily I looked up and saw that it had moved upstairs on the other side of the building.  After that we decided to go for a walk on the Cushman Trail before dinner.  Well,  we could only  find the alternate trail and got way too hot looking for the "real" trail.  We did see an interesting piece of artwork though as well as a great view of Mount Rainier.


 The post had carvings all the way around but this was my favorite part.


And then it was time to eat. Well guess what? The restaurant was closed for construction for 2 more days.  Luckily and thanks to our GPS we found another of the same restaurants on our way back home.  Our next walk wasn't nearly as exciting, but more about that another day.





13 comments:

Dee said...

The cross stitch for the organist is beautiful. I know it will be very special to him.

Great looking socks too. Is that Val's pattern -- The Socks Are Lava?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great finishes!

Betsy said...

I'm sure that cross stitch will be treasured, both by the organist and his wife too. That was a LOT of work and the frame is perfect for it. The socks and bracelet both turned out well too.
Your walk sure sounds like fun. Dennis said it was a hot week last week. It's moved this way now. This morning he said he had to turn the furnace on as it was only 43!
Take care my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

karen said...

what a pretty cross stitch and how nice of you to gift it! Nice seeing what you've been up to these days.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice tribute to your friend the musician--beautiful work!
The bracelet is very pretty-I love the beaded fringe. The socks are sweet--nice to see you have sneaked some crafting time into your schedule! (I was born under the view of that mt--Ft Lewis Army hostpital! lol)

Juliann said...

So fun to have some finishes on the books. I know that one of our local stores closed up last year. I wonder if others are opening up for visits. Of course, the mailbox has been overflowing with yarn purchases so I don’t really need to visit a yarn shop.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The organist will treasure your gift and the loving thoughts you stitched into it. You snapped a gorgeous photo of Mount Rainier.

kathy b said...

Judy!!!
Your work is so great! That cross stitch and the socks and the bracelet........
THe bracelet is amazing.
Thanks for the Mount Rainier.

So glad you yarn shop did not close. So many have! As have so many blogs!

Araignee said...

What beautiful projects! The stitching is really beautiful. I am sure it will be treasured.

Susan said...

It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Thank you for whatever is in the envelope. They tried to deliver it when I was napping yesterday, but I didn't hear them, so I have to go to the post office or send Regan. Beautiful views in your post here, a gift for me. =)

Judy S. said...

That's the first time I've heard of our card not being delivered! So sorry to make you have to go to the PO.

straythreads said...

Beautiful finishes. Don’t you just hate when shops move or are closed / change hours and don’t tell you. Hubby had an appt so I was gong to the yarn shop.....they are now closed on Monday and Tuesday his next appt is also on a Tuesday. Sometimes I just need to feel the yarn.
Beautiful cross stitch a real treasure

Linda Vincent said...

Hello Judy!! Thank you for your comment, I will try and stay in touch :-) Your cross stitch is wonderful; what a great gift. Well done you!!