My Blog List

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Finally a New Post!

 In case you haven't guessed, things here have been kind of crazy. Early in March I fell and was hobbling around for a while. Plus, we did quite a lot of child care for our daughter's two kids; she  is working at home, and after school restarted Max and Stella had to be picked up mid-morning and then they had online classes during the day each Wednesday. We had lots of fun doing things in the afternoons, taking walks and even an adventure at one of our local parks. It's in the middle of our town and is a working farm with goats, sheep, and horses plus a few chickens.


One day we saw a Mama and Papa Eagle at a park not far from their house in Magnolia! Apparently the eagles return to their nest in that tree every year.  We were happy to see them when we did because the tree is leafing out making it more difficult.


Apparently Papa stands guard while Mama tends the nest.


Stella is perfecting her knitting skills and was proud to make her dolly a hat!


And then just a couple of weeks ago, just to keep things really interesting they got a cute little puppy.  More about Lulu another day.  Just this week, Catherine's niece got home from college and took over helping out with the children, so we've been very busy doing some very neglected yardwork as well as catching up with friends. That's it for now; I'm off to read some blogs finally!


11 comments:

Dee said...

Sorry to read about your fall. Thankfully it sounds like you are okay now.

I can't imagine how parents without help manage working and keeping up with school at home. Glad you were able to help.

Araignee said...

It's nice to hear from you again! You sure have been busy. I have found it's been harder and harder to come up with posts myself. First it was being in boring lockdown and now we always seem to be on the go catching up. Take care. Araignee

Betsy said...

I'm so sorry you had a fall and hopefully you're up and painfree now.
We've been picking Piper up after schol a few days a week since I've been here. Mandy still has several hours to work and Piper has to stay ocmpletely quiet which is hard for am 8 year old and we love her company.
Stella did great with the hat! You deinitely have a blooming knitter on your hands.
Blessings,
Betsy

straythreads said...

sorry you fell. This has been the winter/spring of aches and pains but they are gone now. Grand daughter did a wonderful job on her hat hope she continues to knit children learn so much faster than adults.
thanks for commenting on my blog I get a lot of books on my kindle through the library also I can check them out at midnight!
have a good week

kathy b said...

Oh dear, those darn falls. It is great to hear from you Judy. I was wondering if all was well. Im sure you have missed your work at the hospital . We are all vaccinated, except for zach. Soon we hope, Mexico will give him one. I'm knitting socks. Hope you will see Jill soon. I was heartbroken not seeing zach for so long

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I hope your fall wasn't too bad. Sounds like you've had some fun adventures!
Great little hat!

Juliann said...

Welcome back. I have been seeing a pair of eagles on my walks too

Delighted Hands said...

It's exhausting work with the grands but so precious, too. The visits to the park and farm look like so much fun! Nice to see you are passing on the knitting skills! Nice to see your post!

R's Rue said...

Glad you’re back and okay.

karen said...

sorry about your fall but overall the rest of the busy sounds nice!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I hope you’ve recovered fully. It’s darned inconvenient when moving is difficult.