My Blog List

Monday, March 30, 2009

Booties and Bunnies

Here it is almost the last day of March, and would you believe we awoke yesterday to another dusting of snow? Was this an early April Fool's joke or what? The smart one in our family, our younger daughter, is back in Africa where the temps are nice and steamy. And from this far corner, came an email request for some girly booties. This was the push I needed to finish a set that was hibernating in my knitting bag. I tried something different on the hat, a new way of doing the design: following the heart chart in reverse stockinette and then weaving the multicolored yarn through the "bumps" to highlight it. I hope they're girly enough!
for Dani's little one
The local weather quirks don't seem to bother our resident rabbits. Yesterday they were out, mowing in tandem. We have the beginnings of our own version of Watership Down! No more tulips for us!
Muncha, Muncha!

7 comments:

leah said...

They are adorable! I love how you did the two colors!

Kathy A. said...

That is a very sweet hat and booties. Love the bunnies muching away - sorry they find the tulips so tasty.

SueR said...

Those little booties are cute as can be. Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm delighted to find another knitter. I took up knitting in January and have been having a ball. You did a lovely job on David's and Sophia's socks back in January.

Rian said...

My goodness!! You and your snow! Cute hat and booties, the colors are very jaunty.

Ele said...

Hi Judy,

your booties and the little cap are lovely and so cute, as everyone you made.
I like these spring colours in light violet and blue, they make my feeling the spingtime now...

Hugs
Gabriele

Kathy Raker said...

Judy, your little cap and booties are so cute. Sorry to read more snow.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Judy! Awwwwwww! Look at those cute bunnies! They must be gathering their strength to help with egg deliverin in a week or so!! Bear Hugs! KRIS