My Blog List

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Another Finish!


I recently finished this hat which was good practice for colorwork. It's a nice pattern but turned out much smaller than I expected.  If I make it again, I will use lots more than the stitch number in the pattern.


I didn't expect to do another photo of this crazy plant.  Here it is with its 12 flowers just before it toppled over despite the stakes. Only 1 flower suffered thankfully, but can you see what's appearing?


 Yep, it's bud number 3! And the strings show what we had to do to secure it after it fell over. Now we are wondering how many flowers are hidden in this bud. (In case you are wondering, the other flowers have fallen off over the last few days.)  This was the most amazing amaryllis I have ever seen.

~~~

Hope all of you are surviving the current snowy weather.  We had a touch here but mostly ice. It's gone now and the thermometer now says 48.9 degrees!

6 comments:

Dee said...

The color combination on the hat is gorgeous.

karen said...

that is one beautiful hat!

Araignee said...

Love the hat! That is one tenacious plant you've got. It just keeps on keeping on! If it starts asking you for food though, put it outside...lol.

Tired Teacher said...

Wow! The amaryllis is amazing.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lovely hat! And lovely amarylis. I'm afraid mine didn't make it. It just started to rot! I'll try again next year.

Delighted Hands said...

What an amazing hat--a real classic! The second one will be added practice for you! lol That amaryllis is beautiful!