My Blog List

Monday, January 8, 2024

A Finish, the Flower, a Reindeer, and a Heart!

 


Here's my first finish for this year.  It looks like I need to do a better job on the heel next time, but it's a fun way to use up scraps of yarn. I will do this pattern again.


I just had to post one more photo of this crazy Amaryllis; both buds contained 6 flowers, and now I am hoping it doesn't fall over!  (It has 2 stakes though.)


Our Chicago daughter and family were with us over Christmas and made lot of these reindeer cupcakes. We gave the best ones to our neighbors, and the rest were devoured by 3 teenagers and the rest of the family. (Have you ever tried to feed 2 teenage boys? 😉


A friend of my sister taught her how to make this heart ornament. Apparently it is started from the bottom and is just the reverse, minus the bow, on the other side. I love it!
~~~
And now back to putting away our Christmas decorations, however we still have 3 January birthdays in our local family and Christmas gifts to exchange with them because they celebrated the holiday in Vietnam with a longtime friend!
 

8 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great socks! I love the stash busting ones. What pattern is that?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful socks I like contrasting heels and toes on socks. I have a red/white construction paper heart give to me in elementary school. I kept it because it was unique and pretty. I think it’s a Swedish woven heart.

Araignee said...

Your holiday has been never ending! How lucky for you to be able to keep that spirit going for so long.
Yes, I have tried to feed two teenage boys. I had two myself. We ate a lot of hot dogs and boxed mac and cheese on a teacher's salary in those days. They never let me forget it....lol. They now earn in one year what it would have taken me 8 years to bring home.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful socks--the heels look fine! yes, I raised three sons and their accumulated friends--it is a full time job! lol No birthdays for us in January -- which is a break after 6 in December!

karen said...

gorgeous socks!! I've been knitting a lot and have been loving all my projects.

Sandy said...

Congrats on a finished project already this year. Well done. Pretty pattern. Your flower is gorgeous. It does look top heavy, but how nice to have that many blossoms. Hard to think it's close to Valentines Day already. Time goes by far too quickly. One hardly get's to enjoy one holiday before it's the next one is upon us...ready or not.

Sandy said...

Waving hi as I make my blog rounds this morning. Hope all is well with you.

SueR said...

Hi Judy, I think your socks look great! Lovely pattern, and very feminine! I got a chuckle from the reindeer cupcakes, lol. Can't go wrong with lots of chocolate. The heart ornament was pretty cute too.