My Blog List

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Finally A Post!!

Sorry for being slow to post, but April was  a difficult month for us.  A few days after my last post we had a car accident that totaled our car, but thankfully neither of us was hurt. (And getting a new car these days is quite a challenge due to lack of availability, at least here.) We also lost four friends and a neighbor's daughter.  May, sadly, hasn't started a whole lot better as our oldest daughter's father-in-law is in the hospital as the result of a hematoma. On a brighter note, I did finish several knitting projects.


This shawl was on the needles for a while; the hard part for me was the eyelet edging. If I were to do it again, I'd make the larger version.


This cowl was a MKAL and a very interesting project; it had a lot of pretty stitch patterns as well as an unusual construction. It requires 5 small amounts of yarn, and I was delighted to find a set of yarn in my stash! The colors are more blue-green than the photo though. 


Once again I found the required yarn for this hat in my stash!  (It's not getting much smaller, however.)  The pattern is for a slouchy hat, but I adjusted it to eliminate the slouch


Probably the best thing all month was the arrival our our neighbors' first grandchild, and you can tell by the color of the booties that it's a grandson.  Since they have 2 daughters, I think they were extra excited upon his arrival. That little guy weighed in at 8 pounds 14 oz, so I made the full term size and hope they fit!


The first spring flowers have definitely brightened our days. The first to bloom were the daffodils and primroses, and just the other day the trilliums surprised us.


Then yesterday these tulips popped open in the sunshine.


Flowers sure do brighten the day, don't they? Happy Spring!  I just finished my first project for May and will share it soon.  Hugs to all of you!


6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

so sorry so many sad 'things' have been happening in your life! I hope May will be happier... :)

Betsy said...

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the losses in your life last month. Sometimes life is just so hard to understand isn't it? I'm also very sorry about your car, but grateful that you're okay. I hope neither of you were hurt at all, even minorly.
Life is indeed crazy sometimes. We begin our next and hopefully final, move tomorrow. We sign papers at 10:00 and then the move begins. 5 moves in 2 1/2 years is just too much!
Love all of your projects. The shawl is really interesting construction and so is the cowl. I like the colors you chose too.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Araignee said...

Oh, dear....I'm sorry to hear of your recent troubles. They do tend to pile on from time to time. My son had back surgery the day before The Mister's hip surgery and my daughter's cat had emergency surgery last night to remove a bladder stone, poor thing. Everyone seems to be recovering but gosh....all this worry does take a toll.
Your blossoms are lovely. Spring sprung here ages ago but my Siberian Iris are now in bloom. Other than that it's a jungle out there.

Delighted Hands said...

Sorry for the losses--it hurts extra when they are multiples! and a car accident! Yikes--so glad you are both okay! The shawl, hat and booties are beautiful--thank goodness for knitting!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’m glad you and your husband were not injured in the accident. Yes, new cars are terribly hard to get in Laramie. It took eight weeks for the one I purchased to arrive. I didn’t even have an opportunity for a test drive.used car prices are terribly high with little or no warranty. Your knitters projects are wonderful. Congratulations to your neighbors on their new grandson.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope the knitting helps get you through. And of course, those beautiful flowers!
Sending lots of good vibes your way. Hope May is better for you!