My Blog List

Monday, January 16, 2023

Lots of Finishes!


I Made this guy for our son-in-law's birthday after hearing his family talking about getting another dog. They already have Lulu who's fairly high maintenance, so I thought he'd enjoy an easy/no care dog.


When I made this dishcloth, I couldn't find the pattern for the similar pattern below. This stitch pattern, which isn't quite the same, was in one of my books called A Treasury of Knitting Patterns. 


As you can see, they are similar,  but the second cloth is from this pattern which is part of a book.


While looking for the Purple Passion, I found this kitty pattern and just had to try it. I'm not crazy about the color, but this was the only appropriate color in my stash. (I am trying very hard to work from my stash!)


These hair ties are fun to do and a great way to use up small amounts of yarn. And the pattern is FREE!


This interesting yarn was in my stash! It's the Minimalist pattern.


It's been gray and rainy here which makes lots of knitting time, but the other day, the sun came out, and we took a fun walk and got to see a new trail as well as a murder (of crows), a pair of ducks, and a brand new play ground.  Too bad we didn't have any kids with us!  This trail exists on what used to be train tracks and is nice and flat!  There are a couple of spots that aren't yet finished including a very cool bridge. Eventually it will go the full length of the tracks that used to end at a winery and hosted "The Dinner Train," which was a fun experience.



Enjoy what's left of the holiday!
 

7 comments:

Dee said...

Now THAT is the PERFECT dog. No walking in bad weather, no fleas, no barking at the neighbors ..........PERFECT.


Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

what a fun collection of finishes! and a dog that is low maintenance! :)

Delighted Hands said...

That is my kinda dog! lol Very cute. The hair ribbon is so nice--I think it would be a great gift, too. and really nice hat knitting!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

There’s a nice walking path through the center of Riverton that is the old train tracks. In town the path is paved, but out of town for some 25 miles it is gravel for ATVs and horses. Fun projects: I really like the dishcloths.

Araignee said...

What an adorable little wiener dog!!! His googly eyes are just too funny.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great finishes! The dog is hilarious!

karen said...

I just love that little dog!! I bet he loved the gift!