My Blog List

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Our Trip to Boulder, Colorado



I just now realized that I never posted our photos from our trip to Boulder, CO, to attend the memorial service for our dear friend Nancy. We also explored a bit, did a little hiking on the nearby trails and found the house where Dick stayed when he was a student. It was also fun to walk around the CU campus and have lunch at The Sink! The first photo shows the Flat Irons, in the second one was taken at Boulder Falls. (When Dick and I met, I was teaching in the Denver area and he came with some friends to my roommates' Halloween party, and the rest is
history!)





This is where Dick and his good friend, Art lived in Boulder. The middle photo is a great view of the CU campus, and you can guess where the last photo was taken!


For some reason The photos disappeared from my earlier post, so, here they are again. The computer can do crazy things, right?

10 comments:

Dee said...

Great photos.

Sorry for the loss of your friend though.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s fun to revisit areas that hold special memories.

karen said...

looks like you all had a fantastic time together!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sorry for your loss...a sad reason to visit but looks like you made the best of your visit!

Betsy said...

I'm sorry that the reason for the trip was the loss of Nancy, but glad that you used the time to recreate good memories. I really like the Boulder area. It's been years since I've been there though.
Blessings,
Betsy

Araignee said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your photos are lovely. What a beautiful place!

Delighted Hands said...

The trip was a great way to slow down and remember happy times. Sorry for the passing of your friend.

Sandy said...

Nice story, and nice pictures. Sorry to hear about your friend; but am glad you were able to lighten the mood with some activities and shared memories.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

sounds like a fun trip!

SueR said...

Sad about your friend, sorry. The countryside in Boulder is beautiful. I'm surprised the people are still sporting short sleeves in November in Colorado. Shouldn't they be having snow, lol? The weather is nuts this year.