My Blog List

Saturday, July 16, 2022

A Finish and a Fun Walk

Yesterday, we took a walk on a local trail and had some surprises.  Someone has placed a work of art on the edge of the trail along with a sign. The frog is made of metal and attached to the fence.


When we turned around to continue our walk, we saw this lump in the trail and thought it was an injured animal.


Here's what it was though, and when we got too close, it flew up into the nearby tree. A fellow walker told us that the owls hang out in this area, and pointed to another one in another tree.




In another post I'll share pictures from our most recent trip to Port Angeles, but here's the promised finish, and I'm still working on the Miss May shawl but did finish this pair of socks and am working on another pair.


Enjoy the weekend!








12 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a fun walk but be careful! Love the socks and the daffodils in your header!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Aren’t owls funny creatures! Wonderful sock finishes.

Dee said...

That is quite a large frog. LOL Very interesting.

The video of the owl is wonderful. We had a great horned owl that lived in our oak tree when we lived in the southeast corner of Orlando. THAT was years ago. LOL

The socks look great!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

that frog is fantastic! And what a great owl sighting!

Love the socks!!!!

Araignee said...

Great socks! At 3 am the other morning a fox and an owl had a screaming match in the middle of my driveway. I could see the owl up in the tree and have no idea what their quarrel was about. I just finished watching The Staircase and in case you haven't seen it it's about a murder/ potential owl attack so I wasn't going out to see what was going on.

karen said...

wasn't your walk adventurous?? Lovely photos! your socks look comfy cozy and I love the color way!

Delighted Hands said...

I love the creative additions on your walk--the wildlife is always a bonus!
The socks are pretty-nice job with the design strip!

straythreads said...

What a fun place to walk! Cute socks

AdrieneJ said...

That frog is amazing! I love it when people share their creativity with others walking past their home.

Sandy said...

LOVE the big frog, very cool to be surprised by that on your walk. The owl photo's are amazing. You really captured it. Cozy looking socks. ARe they gifts that you're making 2 pairs the same?

Mereknits said...

I am so jealous, I love owls. I had many owl visits at my big house but none here, that are magical.

Rajani Rehana said...

Lovely post