My Blog List

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Surprise! I finally Posted Something!

 It's been quite a long time since I posted anything, but we've been busy taking long walks,  working in our yard, and keeping up with our family.  In early August we had our first family gathering since 2019.  Despite the hazy skies from smoke, we had a really nice time.  It was fun seeing the cousins together also. All of them sure have grown in the past 2 years!


 We've taken lots of walks nearby and in the mountains. And we've also seen lots of animals, including a cougar on a trail near home! (We were too surprised to get a photo of that!)







In August I only finished 3 dishcloths, but this month I've been more productive: 2 prayer shawls for 2 friends with health challenges and a pair of booties for a choir friend's grand baby.




 So, that's what I've been up to lately. Now that our rainy weather seems to be back, I hope to post more frequently.















9 comments:

Dee said...

The "baby" is all grown up. Holy cow that happened fast.

Glad you are getting to spend a lot of time with family.

We get to see Stephen in mid-October. Can't wait.

Betsy said...

It's good to hear what you've been up to up there in the beautiful PNW. I miss it there. Those are some great family pictures and I know you were just thrilled to be with everyone.
The prayer shawls and booties are beautiful. I'm looking forward to having more time to get some charity knitting going. I really want to make some pretty prayer shawls too for the hospital. The volunteer coordinator has said that they really need them.
Take care and enjoy your fall too.
Blessings,
Betsy

Araignee said...

How wonderful that you got to meet up with family again! Those are some lovely photos of your adventure and your projects....wow. Those shawls are spectacular!

karen said...

I am so very happy you had a family gathering, it was such a long time for it!! Lovely photos and I'm glad you are living large :)

Delighted Hands said...

Sounds like you were having a wonderful time since your last post, tho! the knitting things are beautiful--nice work!

kathy b said...

Ive missed you! But seeing your fami1y together is making me very happy
The shaw1s are just fantastic. You 1ook great!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

A cougar? I would have been too surprised to take a photo, too. Great photos of your reunion.

straythreads said...

So nice to get together with family. Nice finishes.

kathy b said...

Judy,
Using Fireman's computer, I can pot here! Your shawls are really beautiful. I love them And the family photos are just so joyful. A cougar!? Really? I'd freak! Glad there were more of you than it.