My Blog List

Monday, February 15, 2021

Lots More Snow!

We had a crazy weekend! The snow started on Friday with little flurries on our walk, but then the snow got serious. By Saturday evening we probably had a foot of snow which is really unusual for this part of the world! Here's what our backyard looked like:



Can you see the bird bath? There have been no birds in sight for the last couple of days!


The Holly looks kind of Christmasy, doesn't it?


However this little rose looks pretty sad!


The last time it snowed this much was in January of 2019, and our neighbor made this chair. Someone who saw it recently said it needs Bernie! I got a good laugh at that. But our neighbor didn't make another chair this time; she and her husband and my DH helped shovel out enough of our driveway so that an uphill neighbor could park her car here since she couldn't get up the hill to her house. Me, I've not been outside since our walk in the snow on Friday. I've been cooking more than usual and doing a bit of counted X-stitch and piecing a quilt for a change!

                                                                           ~

 It sounds like the weather everywhere isn't very nice. My sister lives in MN and it's been really cold there, and the news says it's even pretty frigid as far south as Texas!  So, wherever you are at the moment, I hope you're staying warm.


12 comments:

Betsy said...

I heard snow in New Orleans today! A friend lives in Monroe, LA and they got snow today too. First time in over 40 years!
We ended up with less than you did. 5-6 inches today and it's finally above 15F. Yippee! We're hoping for running water by the weekend if it really warms up to 40F.
I'm really ready for spring and open windows and doors.
Blessings,
Betsy

Araignee said...

I was watching The Weather Channel all day yesterday as the snow storms rolled across the country. Wow....we were just below the gulf stream so we were spared and it was almost 40. All of our ice melted. It's supposed to be even nicer today. Araignee

Delighted Hands said...

I talked to my son in Tacoma and he said the 10" was a bit crazy but the kids loved it! yesterday, it was mostly melted as it was raining! The little rose needed picking!

Dee said...

It has been pretty darn chilly up until today. Today it is supposed to get up into the 40s. Then right back down cold again tomorrow. Weird weather for sure.

We have more snow than we've ever had. Last year we had hardly any. It looks pretty in the backyard, but is pretty dirty and ugly in the front where the plows came through. :-(

I'll be ready for spring when it gets here. Looking forward to finishing up the garden work we had started before all the snow hit.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love your snow and holly!
We got 10 inches over the weekend, then another 15 overnight last night. (I just finished digging out) There's more to come.
As much as I've been grumbling, Dave reminded me we usually get off pretty light in our area. We're sheltered by the Niagara Escarpment, and have warmer air because of Lake Ontario. Wedged between the two, we are in a little bit of a climate bubble, and don't tend to get hit as hard as the areas around us. But every so often, the wind changes direction and WHAMMO!
Oh well. Spring will come soon enough!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Not a lot of snow here, but the subzero temperatures and brutal windchill make up for it. I’ve been staying inside unless I absolutely have to go outside.

Betsy said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. It’s still snowing here today. We got about 6 inches yesterday and another four or five today! The roads are very, very slick. Warm up by the weekend though... I hope! I’m glad you were able to get out for a walk today. 💜Blessings, Betsy

kathy b said...

Oh look at your snow! Im glad you are staying inside Judy. It s slick out there. i have the some spiked studs that go over the bottom of my good boots. I feel so much more secure with them on. You had a rose in bloom? In February? crazy ness!!!!!!

Im knitting and knitting and snowplowing and cleaning out closets! I do feel productive. Summer takes so much gardening time, but I LOVE that. winter is definitely time for us to focus on the inside of the house. tomorrow may involve grout.......

Juliann said...

I am not sure why but our street got plowed on Monday so we were quickly back in business. I hope that was the last of the snow we see this year.

karen said...

wow did you get pounded or what! It looks glorious and beautiful!!!

straythreads said...

Wow you did get a blast of snow! It is snowing here today that means it has warmed up. Thanks for commenting on my blog and I emphasized with your sore hands, my right thumb hurt every time I put gloves on. It has gotten better but my wrists still feel weak. No sewing,no cutting, very little knitting then I spend more time on my mini iPad which I held in my hands further stressing my wrists. It’s the pits. And sitting in front of the tv not doing anything is hard too. I need to pack my rolling suitcase and go somewhere fun for two weeks.ha
Hope your hands are getting better and your snow is melting

Mereknits said...

So much snow everywhere but here. Snow in mid Florida has happened but not for year and years. Stay safe and warm.