My Blog List

Monday, February 8, 2021

Crazy Weather Here!

 This morning we woke up to a little snow, but it's almost gone now.





The snow was a surprise although it's predicted for later in the week. Having been drenched on our walk the day before and the evening ended in a beautiful sunset, yesterday we set out under blue skies!



And on top of a nearby hill, we even had a great view of Seattle! Can you see the Space Needle? It's there, but hard to see!




But most surprising of all were the flowers that have popped up in our garden! (Today I'll have to check to see how they are after the snow.)





 I love primroses and Helebore because they are early signs of spring!
~
Not really much of anything crafty to show today; I am working on the SAHHR quilt and actually went through my cross stitch stash. Oh my, there's way more there than I remembered. And then there's the fabric and yarn supplies.  Gotta go get busy, right?








9 comments:

kathy b said...

HELIBORES!!!!! IM so jealous!

Still covered in snow and more on its way. And its -5 out right now. Fireman is in the hot tub. Not me. IM next to the little heater with a little cat on my lap

Dee said...

Hellebores are so pretty.

We have about 15" of snow on the ground with more coming throughout the week. We are certainly getting our money's worth out of winter this year.

Betsy said...

Nice view of the Seattle skyline. Our side of the mountains has been a mixed bag. Snowing most of the weekend from Coeur d'Alene east, but here nothing and fairly warm until today. This morning I went outside to see little ice/snow pellets. Weird little things. Not snow, not ice. Sometimes they call it "grapple" on the news.
It's supposed to be really cold..single digits by the end of the week with windchills below zero. We will learn if our cold weather preparations for the RV paid off or not! Praying that it's all good.
I crocheted a cute bunny this afternoon. It's going to sit on the bed in Piper's room at our new house. We should close within two weeks or so. Now I'm anxious to see it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Araignee said...

What a lovely view! As much as I love snow I am envious of your flowers. The snow we get anymore is not the pretty white fluffy stuff. It's icy and not much fun. I am ready for spring. I think we all are.
Araignee

Juliann said...

No white stuff here - yet! We had a full Monday so I haven’t really looked at the next border but hope to get to that later today. Need to see if I have any flower colors ready to peek out too

Delighted Hands said...

How exciting to see a 'little' snow and then to find the Spring flowers!!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have always wanted to plant Hellebore and never have. Maybe when we find our new place.

We got another inch or so of snow last night. It's been crazy cold, but the snow wasn't forecast. It was the really light, fluffy sparkly snow, so everything was fresh and pretty this morning. But now Relic, the birds and squirrels have messed it all up.. oh well. It was pretty while it lasted.

karen said...

we are getting lots of snow and it looks like we will be getting even more in a few days, I like it so I'm happy about it! your blooms are delightful!

Mereknits said...

A little snow, a beautiful view and flowers popping up, it sounds perfect. Stay safe.