My Blog List

Monday, January 4, 2021

Surprise!

Please don't faint! I know, I don't often post 2 days in a row, but I wasn't done sharing my pre- Christmas finishes. Today is our youngest grandson's 9th birthday, and I topped off his gift with this guy.




I also made this cowl for our daughter for Christmas and this bracelet for her birthday which is 3 days after Christmas. The shawl pattern/kit was created by our nephew's wife, Kate. She has a knitting shop in MN called Harriet and Alice named after her 2 grandmothers.




I got the bracelet kits from Earthfaire.



This bracelet was a birthday gift for a good friend.



Those bracelets were so much fun I ordered some more kits,  this time from Caravan Beads because Earthfaire had run out of them.  Have a fun, creative day!


10 comments:

Dee said...

Love the crazy Minion!

Happy birthday to your littlest (not so little anymore) grandson! I'm guessing that is Max? Max who was just born like a year or two ago???? Could he really be 9?

kathy b said...

Hooray for the Minion! Judy any posts are wonderfully welcome!! wheee. Your Daughter will Love the gifts. Hard to have a birthday close to the holidays. Hope she is showered with love.

Araignee said...

Such beautiful projects!!! I've always admired folks who could make jewelry that didn't look like a kindergartner made it. I have a basket of doo dads that I paid good money for and the only thing I've ever been able to make are stitch markers....not that stitch markers aren't good. Araignee

Betsy said...

The minion is just too cute. The shawl is gorgeous. What a beautiful tribute to her Grandmothers. I've never made jewelry. Like Debbie, just a few stitch markers.
I was so happy to see another post from you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

What a nice variety of projects here! I really like the jewelry--nice work!

Judy S. said...

Correction: It's a cowl, not a shawl. The pattern is called Power to the People by Kate Bispala. It's a fun project.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Minion is adorable! And I love the bracelets!

Mereknits said...

Well done Judy, you did a great job on all the presents.

karen said...

busy busy! Everything looks nice and I bet they will be treasured!

Susan said...

But nice to see your name in my blog post filter! I like those bracelets, too. What fun to do something so completely different.