My Blog List

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Back Home with a Finish!

Finally, we are kind of caught up after being gone to the Midwest for ten days.  Our yard surprised us with lots of crazy flowers (and weeds).  It's amazing what a few warm days can do.

While we were in the Chicago area, we went to lots of swim practices and a couple of meets to watch all three of our grands compete.


Here's the oldest conferring with his coach. (This guy now looks me in the eye!)


 Here's the speedy youngest.


And Missy did well, too.


DD participated also as one of the many timers.  She and I had a delightful lunch in Richmond, IL, with Kathyb.  It's always fun to be with Kathy!  Seeing a fellow blogger in person is the best!


And here it is the long-awaited mystery finish!  I plan to hand it in today to the nurse who requested it.  Can you guess what it is?  No, it's not a water bottle holder.  Here's the link just is case you get a similar request!

 
Have a great week!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grands sure are growing up. What a beautiful family you have.

Okay . . . now we know WHAT the mystery knit was. The big question is WHY?
What will it be used for?

Tired Teacher said...

Whoa! That is an unusual request. I'm assuming it will be used as a teaching tool in birthing classes.

Betsy said...

It sounds as though you had a wonderful trip and well done to all the swimmers in the family! Our yard really took off this week too. Today is 83 and sunshine! Yippee! Now that is the most unusual knitter request I’ve ever seen. My first thought was a hot water bottle cover, but obviously I was wrong. Ha!
Blessings, Betsy

Araignee said...

Wait, what? A uterus. Hmmmm....there must be a story there...lol. Congrats on the Grand's success. My little ones are swimming now too. They tried hockey but like their water on the warmer side..lol.

karen said...

welcome home once more, and your grands are getting so tall! How nice you knit that 'not a water bottle cover' gift :) :)

kathy b said...

You were a joy and a comfort to be with last week Judy. Thank you again. Your family photos are awesome.

Rian said...

Wow, they sure do grow up fast! Just like your garden. I couldn’t get to the link to see what your mystery project is...trying to figure it out. I was thinking golf club (driver) cover but the stocking part (sorry I don’t know knitting terms) is too small. Maybe you could put Scrabble letters in it. Loved your photos!

Mereknits said...

Judy, you are the best to spend time at those swim meets, I have been to so many in my life with my older boys. So glad yu had a wonderful trip.

elns said...

Looks like a great trip. I love you saw Kathy IRL!

The Uterus had me tripping though, especially when you said you weren't going to knit another. I was like, what in the actual what? It's gotta be for teaching if it was for a baby after I assume you'd call it a sleep sack?? HEHE.


Suzanne said...

I had to follow your link to the Uterus pattern...I didn't realize what it was....I love Iris!