My Blog List

Friday, June 20, 2014

How'd It Get to be Friday Again? (OTN)

Where'd this week go?  Someone has put the clock on fast forward, right?  On Monday and Tuesday we sorted lots of choir music and spent the afternoon volunteering.  Then we did our usual Wednesday, Thursday things along with a bit of gardening and, "Bam," it's Friday again. But my needles have also been busy with three projects underway.  First, there's  Heartwarmer in Cascade 220, which I first saw on Judy L.'s blog. Can you guess who it's for?



Mere inspired me to try Kiribati, and what do you know?  There was some stash yarn just perfect for it. Oops!  Next time you'll see the right side, but at least you have an idea of the color.



When we were in Newport, OR, recently at a yarn shop, my eyes fell upon Stephen West's Clockwork shawl/scarf pattern.  It's made with fingering yarn and perfect for a plain and multi. It's also quite fun, at least so far.



And the other thing I did just this afternoon is repot this violet. Hopefully it will survive that process.  A piece of the pot broke off when I picked it up, making repotting no choice.



The last of the African violets have started to bloom.  They just seem to love being in our dining room!

This little guy followed me home from the grocery store the other day.



So that's about it for another week.  Tonight we're going to see "Porgy and Bess" which should be fun, and then on Sunday we're off to see Max and Stella.  Happy weekend! Don't forget to check out Patchwork Times.

15 comments:

Wendy said...

You are such a prolific knitter! These will be so lovely...my mom always has African Violets in her kitchen windows...they are so lovely to watch when they bloom...yours are really pretty...hope you are having a blessed weekend.

Dar said...

Your 3 knitting projects are looking good. I see a blue theme going here.

straythreads said...

great knitting projects and beautifu african violets. I"m with you where did the week go and June for that matter have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

The blue and white violet is SO cute. I used to have them at my old house....I should probably give them a try again here.

Have a great visit with Stella and Max.

kathy b said...

I loved Mere's "K" too. Yours will be so lovely in that blue color way.

I could never grow African violets. Yours are so pretty!!!

Happy weekend! Isn't' summer the best?

Lynn said...

Such beautiful work, and I am always so impressed with the gorgeous colors you use.
My mother used to have the best luck with african violets, I have one rather sad looking one. I think it may be my lighting. Yours are beautiful.

Nancy said...

I love African Violets, but they don't like to live in my house for some reason. Yours are beautiful - enjoy.

I was just getting used to longer days but now that the solstice has occurred, I guess daylight will now start getting shorter. Sigh! Time does fly.

Teresa in Music City said...

Yes, those Fridays come around way too frequently! Love that soft blue for Heartwarmer.... and I'm cheering you on for Kiribati - what a fun shell! Love that color yarn - yum!!! I recently obtained a new African Violet and have to decide how to repot it and where to put it when I'm done :)

Susan said...

I ask myself this question more and more often - or it seems more often! LOL You have some great colors there.

Janet said...

Look at all those pretty projects. Love your pretty violets. We have several pots of cheerful violets and a leaf rooting in the kitchen window.

Unknown said...

I am finding it unbelievable that June is nearly at its end! I am loving the long days!

The variety you have in African Violets is wonderful. I haven't seen all those colors available here. They look great!

Lapplisor said...

Dear Judy
You show today "lots of construction"...
I wish you much success, with sufficient wool.
♥ڿڰۣ♥ಌڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ«ಌ♥ڿڰۣ«ಌ♥
Take care
♥☼♥Barbara♥☼♥

Rian said...

I dunno Judy, time's really going slow down here...;-)

karen said...

lovely knits! It's been crazy busy here and that is what summer is all about :)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Judy, your knitting projects are very lovely with beautiful colors. Stunning African violets. Hugs Judy