My Blog List

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Done! Sort of.......

Well, I have finished all twelve Noah stitcheries, and they were really fun to do. I varied this block slightly from the pattern, using the color of the first dove rather than gold, and adding the branch to cover up a spot on the fabric.
The Ark
To make embroidering easier, I left all of the blocks as one piece until I was finished before cutting them apart. As you can see, they haven't been pressed!
Almost Done!
I learned a lot putting on the borders. I should have made them wider and put them on randomly colorwise rather than all the same. The directions call for cutting the borders 3/4 inch but I think I would have preferred that measurement to be the finished size.
The Ark with Borders
It's going to be a while before I finish this quilt because like Kris, my blocks don't fit together like they should, so I am going to have to punt! I also want to end up with a larger quilt, so, stay tuned. I found the cutest Noah fabric for the back..... Thanks to Lynette for sharing these stitchery patterns!

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

I never thought of leaving the blocks together until they were all stitched. Great idea. Your Noah's Ark stitcheries are wonderful.

Cheryl said...

I love the folk arty look of the ark!
Aren't these type of pieces fun to do?

Susan Elliott said...

Love the whimsicality of the embroidery...the turtles and the birds...the penguins with their big hearts, the elephants with their trunks entwined...it's all good! What a sweet quilt this is gonna make!

Rian said...

Oh, this is adorable! It's gonna be WHIMSICAL! (We love whimsical...)

Wendy said...

Can't wait to see the completed quilt, it is going to be so pretty.

Kathy Raker said...

The fabric you chose is lovely to go with you Noah's blocks. Very nice stitching, all are just adorable.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Judy! Oops - we're both a bit measurement impaired! Tee! Hee! Hee! That's OK, our quilts will be unique handmade works of art!! That sounds so much nicer than "I stuffed up the measurements somewhere", don't you think?! I thought about making the dove on the ark to match the first ... then forgot once it came time to stitch! Ah well, maybe I'll have to include the pairs to both birds in my make-up blocks. Hope you're keeping warm! Oh - LOVE the socks a couple of posts back - so bright and cheerful - I love funky socks!! I hate wearing shoes, so in winter, I wear weird and wonderful socks! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Femin Susan said...

first of all I liked the photo in the beginning.and I am sure I I follow your instruction,I will be excellent in stitching.
Cheers!

Cat said...

I just LOVE this! The border sets the block of so adorable!

You sure did get a lot of embroidery done!

Lapplisor said...

Your BOM looks very beautiful, dear Judy!
For the further processing you selected so nice color!
I thank you for your cordial desires too " ours " Baby :-) ♥☼♥Barbara♥☼♥

JK said...

Hey hon, good to see you back safe and sound! How was the trip?

Speaking of being busy, seems you have been pretty busy yourself. Did you come back to over 1,000 messages on the boards? ;)

That butterfly you asked about is just a little embellishment I picked up when I was at the Garment District. I love going there with blocks and blocks of fabrics, beads, buttons, lace, etc.. I think I died and went to CQ heaven. I have yet been able to go to every store they have there.

Later darlin..