My Blog List

Monday, June 9, 2008

Color Amidst the Gloom


We are having an exceptionally grey June, with similar weather predicted for most of July. Thankfully, the blooming flowers break the "June gloom"! Last summer I planted this lupine, which is in all its glory at the moment. And I think, blooming later than normal along with columbine and iris. Whether the roses will make it by the end of June is a very good question.

Meanwhile, there has been time to stitch with no guilt. I enjoyed working on June's BOM from Lynette Anderson. It's also been fun reading her blog as she has been visiting some of our old haunts in California. I just recently purchased a light box and can't tell you how much easier tracing a pattern is now!

8 comments:

allie aller said...

WHAT?????
Where did you hear that July was supposed to be like this too? I've got a bad feeling about this...

But your blooms are lovely and so is your stitching.... ;-)

Lapplisor said...

Hi Judy
Your embroidery from L.Anderson became so beautiful.
Also in Germany it gives some, which work on it with.
The Lupinen flower also straight in Sweden.
They belong to the meadow flowers, which flower here all to the Midsommer time, and into which flower rings are bound.
In the coming week is it again so far, and we celebrate here the Midsommer firmly.
Take care
Barbara

allie aller said...

No, no, our buddleia is not blooming. The picture of the flower is from a website.
But hey, we are supposed to be sunny and high of 79 this week-end!!!

Jeanne said...

Love the kangaroos! I am still in the collecting phase for that project, but love seeing what others have done. Thanks for sharing.

Cat said...

It's been a gloomy Summer here too!

Your yard and flowers are gorgeous - you have beautiful thick growth that we don't get in Utah!

Cute kangaroos!

Cheryl said...

Ohhhh, your gardens are splendid! My lupines are only half the size of yours...even after all the rain. I am also a fan of the Australian embroidery patterns. Your 'roo is delightful!

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Hello Judy,
years ago I had a lupine in this colour and in pink!At time I make a new flowerbed in the garden and you remember me,that I also can plant a new lupine!!! And you remember me,that I have a lightbox somewhere in the house!!!
Your embroidery is very nice!
Best wishes,Ulla

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Hey Judy! The kangaroos and flowers are beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog (and so frequently!), if you need help with the panda wool, just email me from the link on my blog.