My Blog List

Sunday, March 29, 2020

A Couple More Finishes and Then Some ~~~



A couple weeks ago, the flowering plums were in their full glory; now we are having "pink snow" as the petals fall off.




How did this little crocus poke through that maple leaf?


Can you see the snowy mountain in the distance? It's Mount Baker and is north of us, almost to the Canadian border. It gets lots of snow every year and still has lots of snow even in summer.


It was 80 degrees this summer day , but there was still snow in the parking lot of the visitor center, and some trails were still closed.  The mountain in the background is Mount Shuksan. In case you're wondering, it was July 2018!


Primroses are some of the first flowers to bloom each spring and as well as the daffodils.


I also planted some spring flowers in our little planter box.  Can you guess whose school colors they represent?



Oh yeah, I did mean to post my finishes, didn't I? 


This is my second Fisherman's Wife cowl; the light blue color doesn't show well, but that's why I chose the blue buttons. It's a pretty quick knit!


This is my most recent finish; it was supposed to have fringe, but the yarn wants to unravel, so I omitted it. Who knows thought when I'll ever get to give it to the recipient since we are under orders to stay at home!  Hope all of you are weathering this crisis OK!!  We are staying home except for walks in our hilly neighborhood and occasional trips to the nearby grocery store. It's hard to know what day it is when your weekly schedule is interrupted, isn't it?  Stay well everyone!  Hugs from WA!

10 comments:

Dee said...

Your spring flowers are so pretty.

Last year all our flowers bloomed at once. This year they seem to be staggering their arrival. The front yard daffs are blooming, but the back ones aren't yet.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful vistas you have!
And of course, gorgeous projects. I may have to add Fisherman's wife to the queue.
That little crocus cracks me up - where there's a will there's a way!

Araignee said...

What gorgeous scenery! We are so far ahead of everyone when it comes to spring this year it's so weird to see the blooms from the rest of the country. This has been a crazy year-in so many ways. Araignee

Betsy said...

That was one determined crocus! Isn't it amazing how God made plants with such a survival instinct? The snow capped mountains are beautiful. Mt. Spokane still has lots of snow on it right now too, but it will be gone by summer.
That Fisherman's Wife cowl is so pretty. I may have to add it to my list of things to make. I have lots of knitting/crochet to deliver too as soon as we're able to get out and about.
I made my first grocery pick up order this afternoon to pick up tomorrow. I've never done that before so we'll see how it goes.
Blessings,
Betsy

kathy b said...

Thanks for the Hug! I love your cabled finish!!!!
NO flowers here yet....very dreary.......but soon I bet!!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful blooms and projects. Falling petals remind me of confetti - like Spring is throwing a big party to announce its arrival. No blooms here yet, but most likely in another month.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful mountain in the background! The Spring flowers are such a delight to find! Nice shawl and cowl--fun to have a different pace, isn't it?!

karen said...

80 degrees! nice! Your spring is looking so lovely, we are lagging behind but we are out daily for walks and it's so nice to be out and about!

Juliann in WA said...

That crocus photo is perfect. I want to be like that little plant, strong and determined o break through no matter what! So lovely.

Mereknits said...

Gorgeous photos and beautiful projects. Stay well and safe!