My Blog List

Monday, January 8, 2018

Two Birthdays Down, and Two to Go!

Three birthday gifts have been delivered, and two have been opened.  One is still on the needles and not "due" until the end of the month.  The recipient of number three has wonderful self-control and chose to wait till his real birthday......so stay tuned for that reveal.


This is the vest I made for Max, and much to my surprise he immediately put it on!  It fits with room to grow. (The pattern fits sizes 2-8 and is an uncomplicated knit.)


It's hard to believe that this little guy is now six!  We had a fun time on Saturday watching him play with the Magic Tracks that were also a part of his gift.  He's in kindergarten now and learning to read.  In fact he read the book that we gave him to me when he took a break from playing.  Happy Birthday, Max.  May this be the best year yet with many more to come!

10 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Max is a cutie and obviously knows a good hand-knit gift when he sees it! Happy Birthday, little guy.

Araignee said...

So sweet!!!! That vest is just adorable as is the birthday boy!

Anonymous said...

I remember when that little munchkin was born!!! Doesn't seem like it could be six years ago.

Happy birthday, Max!!! May you ALWAYS enjoy those books!

Betsy said...

He is SO cute! Of course he knew a great knit when he saw it. :-) Great job reading too. That ability took me so many places as a child. I loved the adventures I had through my reading. I hope he loves it as much as I did and still do.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tanna said...

SUCH a cutie! I know he sports that handsome vest with love and looks good doing it! We played with magic tracks for quite awhile this past weekend. ;) Those little cars are fast! I may have to give that vest a try. Did you start the mitts? I haven't had time to download Clue 2, but hope to get to it this afternoon. Have a great week, Judy! blessings ~ tanna

kathy b said...

The vest is so lovely. I'm sure he will wear it and think of you!! Kids make those connections so lovlingly. He's a really darling boy. Are you watching your cake points? I am. The tooth extraction leaves me with few options so I hope it helps me maintain. I gained a pound over Christmas that I must lose!

Mereknits said...

Six is such a fun age, everything is so magical. He is a cutie. Love the vest you made Judy, great color.

elns said...

What a handsome boy and a fantastic sweater vest. I'm going to do this pattern this year!

karen said...

Happy Birthday!!! six! that is amazing and time is flying by isn't it???

Merry said...

Six!! So I have been visiting your blog that long, time does fly. Great make.