My Blog List

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Catching Up Once Again......

We just got back last night from five fun-filled days helping my sister and brother-in-law celebrate their 50th anniversary and visiting with family and friends as well.  No pictures though until we figure out how to get them off our phone as DH forgot his "real" camera. We also got to visit our niece's new yarn shop called Harriet and Alice.  That was fun, too, and yes, I gave into temptation.  Meanwhile, here are some photos from our family gathering at Cannon Beach, OR, as promised.


We ate together the first night at Mo's which is a fun place just across from the Tolovana Inn where we all stayed.


The cousins had fun playing together and watching the rabbits that hide on the grounds.


The tide was so low the first day that it was possible to get to the back side of Haystack Rock.



We were very glad to see that starfish have made a recovery from the virus that plagued them for the past several years!


We all had fun strolling the beaches especially since the tide was exceptionally low during our time together.


I even managed a photo of our photographer-in-chief.


All of the kids added to the family reunion tablecloth.  We were sad that our son couldn't make the gathering, but he was immersed in an intensive Chinese class at UW. 


On the last night we watched the grandkids so their parents could enjoy a meal out together.




And I also finished a few projects after we got home.  The socks are two of five "pre-orders" from the grand kids. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The easiest way to transfer phone photos is through the Google photos app. You can pull the photos right from that site onto your blog.

You have many more interesting creatures in your tidal pools than we do. LOL

Wishing you and Dick a very happy Labor Day weekend too.

Betsy said...

How fun! We love the Oregon coast but haven't been able to visit for a few years. To be able to have your grandchildren there make sit even more special. Love the socks and washcloth. My grandkids "preorder" from me too! Isn't that fun?
Blessings,
Betsy

Araignee said...

What a gang you have there!!! It must be nice to have (almost) everybody with you to enjoy that beautiful place. The beach is just gorgeous.

Tired Teacher said...

Wonderful memories were made and captured in photos. I love that grandpa (his reflection is in the mirror) is also in the photo with all the grands.

karen said...

happy anniversary to your sister. lovely finishes on the socks! I am excited that my sister will be visiting next weekend!

kathy b said...

Your family is amazing in photos and in person from those I've met. When you are all out with the tide I worry like the boys in the Five CHINESE brothers. But it looks beautiful. WHy are your sunglasses on inside in one photo Judy?
I LOVE your socks and the cute dishie finish.
Glad you posted again. I like hearing from you.

Caffeine Girl said...

You have such a great extended family! Mine is so spread out; we hardly ever get together. I'm quite envious!
If you have an iPhone, you can easily get your photos via the cloud.
It is so sweet that your grandkids want handknit items.

Anonymous said...

Fun catch up! I just e-mail my phone pics to myself. =)

krishna said...

Wow!! what a fun time.. Love those knitted socks..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Mereknits said...

What a fabulous trip Judy. I am jealous that you have a niece who owns a yarn store, I would have bought the shop out!