My Blog List

Friday, April 10, 2015

Travel Knitting Off the Needles!

While we were in Chicago, our family received exciting news: the twins arrived very early on April 2nd and weighed in at 6 lbs. 13 oz. and 6 lbs. 9 oz.!!! Mama and boys are home doing well, and I am sure they are happy to have Bebob and Nana there helping out.  I was highly motivated to finish these hats and booties and get them mailed before they were too small.


Now I am working on a couple of larger booties that should last a while longer. One pair is done and the other will be exactly like them. The second pair is well under way, and I hope to finish them over the weekend.



My other finish was another short row scarf.  I love that pattern!  This time the yarn is Plymouth's Gina.


No sign of the deer this week, but look what welcomed us home!  Some years ago DS gave me this azalea tree for Mother's Day, and each year it's prettier. (Looks like we need to do some raking, doesn't it?)


Bye, I'm off to make a dessert to take over to the local GKs' house tomorrow. Have a great weekend! And check out Patchwork Times to see what others are knitting.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

The hats and booties for the twins are very cute. Knitting for babies is such fun.

Anonymous said...

Baby knitting is always so cute!

Glad the babies safely arrived. :-)

swooze said...

Love all your knitting.

Dar said...

Those hats and booties are too cute. It looks like lots of fun too.

Tanna said...

Twins! How very, very fun! I love those little hats and booties! So sweet, Judy. And, I know you enjoyed sharing that cake. blessings ~ tanna

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations on not one but TWO new Grands!

straythreads said...

Congrats on the new babies!!! all the knitting is adorable Pictures of the little darlings in their knits next week???

Unknown said...

The baby knits are soooo cute! Glad you had such a great visit in Chicago and had quality time with the kiddos.

Love the colorful scarf too.

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Judy,what a good news and what a wonderful gift for the new kids in your family!
Greetings,Ulla

kathy b said...

oh adorable twin goodness! Congratulations to all.

Love the USA set

Araignee said...

Those hats and booties make me almost swoon from a cuteness overload. Congrats!

Merry said...

Your azalea bush is just stunning. Love the scarf....such pretty colours. Those booties and beanies are too cute. How exciting twins...I hope they continue to be well.

Mereknits said...

Oh new babies are the best!! Congrats. Lovely things you have made for them Judy.
Hugs,
Meredith

Caffeine Girl said...

Congratulations! Twins are so exciting. And such cute booties.

I love that short-row scarf. I should check it out myself.

karen said...

love the hats and booties and twins! oh my! that is double the fun :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all - so happy they are doing well. The little hat and bootie sets will look so great on them.