My Blog List

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January Birthdays, a Grand Celebration!

We had a big celebration at our daughter's house on Sunday and not just because the SeaHawks won either.  Three members of the family have birthdays in January, so DD#2 hosted a grand celebration.  She also made a spectacular cake!



Max had requested a digger cake, and here it is, a bulldozer, complete with a pile of dirt. (Crushed chocolate graham crackers.)  It was delicious, too, as all that frosting had brownies beneath it!


Here are all but one of the Seattle cousins. Max turned 3 last weekend and Katie, in the plaid shirt, is officially celebrating today.



And Daddy got to attend the BIG game on his day and watch them win! That's not a bad way to celebrate, is it?



And I gave this scarf to Grandma S., who was quite interested in the scarf I had given DD for her birthday. Hope she liked it!  Gotta run; today is volunteer day. Bye.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a range of ages in the cousins! I like the variegated color of Grandma's scarf.

Tanna said...

I LOVE that cake! I'm going to keep that in mind for a couple of young men who may one day request a "digger", too. I'm sure she loved that scarf! blessings ~ tanna

Merry said...

What a clever birthday cake....never seen one like that before. Looks like lots of fun was had.

elns said...

Wow that's a lot of celebration! That is heart warming. The digger cake is too sweet. I love that he asked for one, and was able to get it too.

Nancy said...

What a creative and clever cake! Kudos to the decorator.

Araignee said...

Mmmmm....that cake looks yummy. Chocolate dirt is an awesome idea.

karen said...

happy birthday!!! We have loads of birthdays in January on my mother's side :) It's a great month.

Mereknits said...

That cake was fantastic. Go PACKERS!!!!!
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Becca said...

Hello friend! A busy birthday month for you indeed! I look forward to when we can do our girls day out again. I finally did a blog post! LOL Off to Bend, Oregon tomorrow for a quick visit to see my MIL. Hope you're enjoying the sunshine! GO HAWKS!

kathy b said...

Judy

That cake is amazing. Love the kit lat tires!
Some people are so very creative.

Glad you had fun family times iN January~

Rian said...

Love that cake! And glad you posted a picture because I would never have figured out what "Digger Cake" was.

Unknown said...

Now that's boy's cake!! Amazing!