My Blog List

Thursday, May 22, 2014

On and Off the Needles

Between wonderful weather that caused the garden to scream for attention and a trip to the Midwest, I've been missing from Blogland.  Traveling did give me some time with the knitting needles, however.  Because we were seeing our niece in person, I was highly motivated to finish the Raggedy Ann booties for her baby's expected August arrival.



We also got to see Baby's big sister Maddie for the first time since she was a newborn herself. (The other cousins were so busy that we had a tough time catching their photos except for this tiny bit of Libby who was on the move, chasing Sawyer their new puppy.)



We met the Chicago grandkids at the Great Wolf Lodge at the Wisconsin Dells.  They all had a blast in the water, but we did catch them long enough for a little photo op and a bit of reading. Thanks, Susan, for suggesting Outfoxed! It's a fun story. (We must have read it at least 10 times!)




At the moment there are four pairs of socks on my needles which are all at about the same point, just after the heel.  Car and air travel make for good knitting time.



This one is Jaywalker and is great fun with self-striping yarn.



I love the way Simple Skyp is coming along, too.



Here's Spring Forward which is a fun pattern in STR yarn.



This one is a challenging pattern called Patina and the one I spent most of my time working on. It's a Knitty pattern marked "Tangy" which is right on!  All of these patterns can be found on Ravelry in case one of them speaks to you.  As for me, I have my work cut out for me, don't I? But the garden is calling once more.  Stay tuned for an update; it went crazy while we were gone.  Oops, I forgot to link to Patchwork Times!

16 comments:

jb said...

Great seeing you! Sounds like you had fun in the Dells. :)

Paula, the quilter said...

Those booties are darling!

Nancy said...

Your needles have been clicking! Love all the socks and the yarn. The self-striping one is heavenly.

Barbara C said...

Great job with all the socks, those booties, however, are the cutest. What a nice family picture, it sounds like you made some good memories.

Ramona said...

Your booties are too cute! And I don't know which sock I like best... they are all wonderful!

karen said...

I'm so happy for you to be able to see family and to be jetsetting every which way. As long as you have knitting in your hand life is good!!

Mereknits said...

Oh my goodness we took our kids to the Wolf Lodge when they were little, they loved it. Love all your pictures and your wonderful knitting.
Hugs,
Meredith

Janet said...

Glad you enjoyed the family visits. The Raggedy Ann booties are adorable. Look at all those socks. Great pattern/yarn combos.

Beth said...

Beautiful projects. And very nimble fingers.

Anonymous said...

All of your socks look great. That Jaywalker sock is really popping in those colors. That'll be a happy sock for SURE!

I know what you mean about the garden. A few days of rain and our grass just took OFF!

kathy b said...

Love them :All
Favorite JAY WALKERS

Susan said...

Love the color of that last yarn! The Raggedy Ann at the top are just adorable!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

All your socks are so pretty, but I LOVE those Annie booties! Adorable!

Cat said...

You have been busy! Great that you got to go visiting and get lots of booties done too!

Rian said...

Omygosh those Raggedy Ann booties are DA BOMB! Looks like you are enjoying some sunshine up there!

Unknown said...

Oh, the Raggedy Ann booties are the cutest thing ever! Nice work!!

Love all the socks too! You have several pair of socks going at one time??? I'm a one-sock-at-a-time knitter I guess!! They look great!