My Blog List

Friday, April 26, 2013

On the Needles and More ~



Mocha is always curious about what's on my needles.  This time it's the beginning of a little something for the new baby that's due in August.  Funny thing, I just happened to have enough pink yarn in my stash. How about that?


The boy socks were finished and delivered with the hat and much appreciated by mom-to-be.  She was a good sport about the girly set, but personally I don't think any little boy would want to be seen wearing that.


These booties were made with a  Bernat pattern and yarn.  Somehow those bunny ears look a bit like flippers, but it's a cute and quick project.  They would also be cute without the ears and embroidery as fuzzy boots.  Have to try with as there is a ton of leftover yarn!


One more Christmas block is stitched and another was partially frogged but should be finished soon.  Becca and I had a fun "expedition" to Country Village today where I found some good sashing fabric.  Gotta get busy on that part next.


But the highlight of the week was hearing that Max actually walked across the room BY HIMSELF.  My how quickly he's grown.  Maybe we'll get to see his new "trick" tomorrow?  Have a great weekend eveyone!

15 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Everything changes when the kiddos walk!

Anonymous said...

I love the ruffly edge on the pink knitting.


Max is on his way now. Hope Grandma can keep up. ;-)

Nancy said...

The bunny booties are cute! You could lightly tack the ears to the legs of the booties to make them look more like bunny ears rather than flippers.

Cranberry Morning said...

Can't believe how Max has grown! And his tricks went from rolling over to walking. Wow! (but can he fetch??) ;-)

The bunnies booties are darling, Judy!

Becca said...

Mocha looks like such a good helper with your knitting! Thanks Judy! I had a wonderful time today, and I look forward to another outing like that with you soon!

Mary said...

The bunny booties are adorable and Max is too.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...wonder what you're making with that soft pink yarn. Looks like the cat is wondering too. Ha. The bunny booties are a hit! They are soooo cute! Well, all your projects are very nice! Keep those needles clicking!

kathy b said...

Max walking!! He'll be running in no time

THose baby socks/are adorable..

Rozzy at 16 still inspects my knitting while she purrs.

Crispy said...

I adore those bunny booties!!! Not in better than seeing the grandbabies reach the major milestones. I don't know why they call it walking. They seem to take off running LOL.

Crispy

Linda said...

Walking already...Max is growing too fast! I love the bunny booties...I bet they look cute on.The Christmas block is great...nice finishes on everything!! Have a happy Sunday!!

Lynn said...

What? Max is walking already! It just doesn't seem possible! Time sure does fly.
Love those bunny booties!

Rian said...

Love those ruffles!

kathy b said...

Found the cat toy with the scratcher in the middle mail order at foster and smith?? Drs Foster and Smith that is.

Baby poncho is from a book......Vintage Knits for Modern Babies.....pictures to come!

Gerry said...

Hi Judy,
I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for visiting, and for your comments about the block.

I have to ask....what are you feeding these kiddos? They seem to grow like weeds. LOL. They're all just darling.

Love the rabbit booties - especially the ears. Very cute!

Take care, Gerry

Tanna said...

Oh, my goodness!! I can hardly believe it should be time for Max to be walking across a room all by himself!! PRECIOUS! I know your heart was smiling! Those little bunny booties are too cute, Judy! blessings ~ tanna