My Blog List

Saturday, August 25, 2012

On the Needles and Off!


I've been very naughty..... Several years ago I made a hat for Sophia that was trimmed with fabric ruffles, so when I saw this "yarn," I knew it was a matter of time before I had to try it. Well, instead of working on my Trapeze KAL shawl, I've been playing with ruffles. What fun! Paradise Fibers has a very helpful video that got me started, and I have a stash of ruffly stuff a-waiting.


The Blathnat socks are DONE! They were a fun knit, but as usual quite a bit of time went by between Sock one and Sock two. But I am gradually whittling away at my SSS pile. Yay!


For a change of pace I knit a new dishcloth pattern for a friend's birthday. I love to couple a handknit cloth with some lovely soap from my friend Judy at Cranberry Morning.


Over the past three weeks, I've learned 3 new embroider stitches that can be seen on this Sunbonnet Sue block: linked double chain stitch, Pekinese stitch, and the cast on stitch. The whole block should be finished by next weekend. If you're interested in the details of these stitches see TAST on the sidebar.


Several times I've posted about Suzanne Tidwell's yarnbombing. We stumbled on her more recent display at the Redmond Towne Center shopping center. I counted about 25 lanterns in "Luminous," all knitted and all different!


Here are a couple of close ups.


And here's today's photo of the little guy who wonders how come I don't just quit all this handwork and play with him full time! It's tempting.

7 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

That does sound mighty tempting, but all your friends would surely miss watching your talents bloom. Can't wait to see what those ruffles adorn!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Max is so cute. He's growing up way too quickly though.

That yarnbombing is awesome. I can't imagine doing all that knitting!

Love the ruffles. You picked a pretty fabric.

Nancy said...

I haven't tried the ruffled scarves yet, but many of my friends have. They say it is a lot of fun and somewhat addicting.

Is the washcloth pattern available online? I like that center section - very nice.

Cranberry Morning said...

Look at that little man! Isn't he a darling. :-)

BTW, if I EVER had a pair of socks like those you knit, I would put them behind glass and hang them on the wall. I can't believe all the work that goes into something like that. And you're going to let them be on feet??? ;-)

Becca said...

Oo...I love those socks!

Susan said...

All projects are delightful....

That was the first knitted ruffle I have seen............

Such talent you have...........

SueR said...

Remember that new yarn shop in my town that I told you about? She had some of that ruffle yarn in there. What are you going to do with it?

A dishcloth and some soap is a good gift idea. I noticed my DIL needed a new dishcloth when we visited her this past weekend. She might like that.