My Blog List

Monday, June 28, 2010

Tackling Some UFOs

Shocking isn't it? I finally dove into my bags of UFOs and actually finished a couple of things that have been languishing for all too long.

Our quilt group makes quilts for the local Ronald McDonald House, and this one has been half finished for a while. My rationale was that it's a summer quilt....with all those beach houses. (For some reason, the black-looking border didn't photograph well. It actually has the same colored dots as in the outside squiggly border.) But, it's done now and ready to turn in.

Sometimes we use fleece on the backs of our RMD quilts which I did here. It's a fun piece but was hard to center.

Then I found this half finished dishcloth and realized it's not good to stop mid-pattern. Luckily the multicolored yarn covers up my mistake, but it's finished now, too. Hurrah!

While I've been busy, the "girls" have been diligently guarding the house. We have a cheeky little squirrel that visits often to beg for peanuts. (Our daughter calls this "kitty TV".)

Good thing there's glass in this window! Don't you wonder what they're thinking?

There's always next time, Mocha.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The squirrel is thinking --- got nuts?

staci said...

Congrats on finishing some UFO's!

Lynn said...

Congrats on all your finishes! You seem to have had a lot more energy than I've had lately, lol!
I love the pics of the cats and squirrel. My Clarisse would have been jumping up the door if it had been her.

Kathy Raker said...

At least someone is getting something done. I'm proud of you. :) Love the "kitty tv" idea.

Kathy A. said...

Those are some wonderful finishes Judy. How sweet to donate them to Ronald McDonald house. I am sure they will be well loved.
Please give me more info on the beach houses quilt - LOVE THAT ONE!

Ranae said...

Super nice finishes.
The cat looks so calm and collective, lol cute!!

Linda Vincent said...

The quilt is fab Judy....so happy and colourful! I think your dishcloths are a great idea too.
And as for the squirrel.....what a cheeky chappie. Brilliant photo of the staring competition :-)

Linda said...

Those kitty-squirrel pictures are precious! The quilts you are making f=to give to Ronald McDonald House are great. I make blankets for Project Linus and I love getting them finished.

Lapplisor said...

Dear Judy
Your UFO's look so nice!
I congratulate you on the finish -
the quilt looks beautiful!
So have fun while reducing UFO ...:-)
When the summer arrived with you, too?
Take care
♥☼♥Barbara♥☼♥

Fünfzigerjahremädel said...

Judy,that are wonderful fotos from the squirrel and the cats.... and I like your summer quilt!!!
In one of my next posts I will show how I make the douple thread! Its very simple!
Many greetings,Ulla

Marcy said...

I love all the colors of the beach house quilt - congrats for getting it finished.

VBG -- love the kitty tv. I have a squirrel that drives my dogs crazy. It's a good thing it can fit through the chain link fence. can you say "squirrel snack"?

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Judy! Love your beachhouse quilt - so cheerful and bright, perfect for Ronald McDonald house. And the kitties watching the squirrel made me laugh! Whole new definition for interactive TV! Bear Hugs! KRIS