My Blog List

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Finally Finished Project

Dropped Stitch Shawl
I finally finished this UFO after frogging it and starting over because I hadn't been doing it correctly. Unfortunately I ran out of yarn and had to improvise at the end, but I think it turned out nicely anyway and am going to give it as a birthday gift. It's a fun and rather quick pattern, only next time I'm going to get a spare ball of yarn. (That wasn't an option this time as the company has quit making that type. Now you know how long ago I started this project!) Click twice to see the "real" color, dark navy with flecks of red, green, blue, and yellow.

6 comments:

Lapplisor said...

Hi Judy
Your shoulder scarf is very beautiful.
Also I sit today here, and have myself a scarf over the shoulders...
" it am put chic ", and warm so beautifully :-)
Take care
Barbara

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Great scarf! Is it the kind that you knit and then drop stitches to create the lacy look after you are finished knitting?

Ele said...

This beautiful shoulder scarf was a UFO, Judy?
It looks finally very nice and warm.
Whish you always many pleasure with it and a sunny sunday.
Gabriele

Charlene ♥ NC said...

How lovely this is. I knit a little, but can not do it in warmer weather! I'm sure the bd recippient will be delighted!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Thanks for the pattern info. I think my profile must have gone missing when blogger changed to the newer format and made me update. Thanks for letting me know, I think it is fixed now.

Kathy Raker said...

Judy, your scarf is just lovely. The flecks of color really makes it dance. What ever you did to improvise worked great.