My Blog List

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's been a busy week here: finishing up gifts, baking, singing with our choir, and all the other activities that go along with the holidays. So, I thought it was time to take a few minutes to wish my blog friends the best holiday season yet!


On Friday we had a tiny bit of snow that's all disappeared by now, but the sun is out at the moment, and maybe today's sunset will look like it did last week when we were driving home from our volunteering at the UW hospital.  DD#2 said they had a spectacular sunrise (around 8 AM!) this morning  when all we had was FOG!



The sewing machine was whirring this week with a couple last minute gifts: an apron for our son-in-law, who loves hot sauce and cooking, and a blanket for our sports fan son.


Here's a very current photo of GD#1 modeling her cat scarf and requested pink hat. Hopefully they will keep her toasty warm!


And here's Ginger inspecting the lovely gift of Araignee's wonderful soaps.  Sorry kitty, they aren't for you! ( And thank you so much, Debbie, for your generous gift.) You are an amazing crafter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Happy New Year to all of my blogging friends!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and Dick a VERY merry Christmas! Hope that you have a wonderful celebration and a very happy and healthy 2017.

Tired Teacher said...

Definitely a white Christmas here - it's been snowing ALL day and still snowing.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Betsy said...

Merry, Merry Christmas! We have your snow over here in Spokane. It's been snowing for 3 days and we have about 12 inches in our yard! Love all of the gifts.
Blessings,
Betsy

Caffeine Girl said...

Wishing you a very happy holiday!
That cat scarf is really something else. I can see why your granddaughter is so delighted with it!
I envy your sewing skills -- but I'm finally doing some sewing, which seems to be the only way to improve!
We have a lovely white Christmas today, but rain is in the forecast, so it won't last long.
It looks like Joni and I are going to do our Seattle trip in summer 2017!

Araignee said...

You are very welcome!
Merry Christmas! We had so much fog here last night I was pretty sure I saw Rudolph!

kathy b said...

Lots of snow here Judy. I thought of you and Dick singing for Christmas !! I bet you all sounded wonderful. Alas, al and zach leave soon. I hope i can not be a blubbering mess at the airport. I just hate to see them go. We have had so much fun being together. HOw do you deal with the far away ness????

karen said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Mereknits said...

Your gifts are wonderful Judy. Wishing you a great holiday season.

Anonymous said...

For a second, I thought you had bought the Foundations box from Catherine Pooler, too, to stamp cards! I think your sweet girl looks amazing and adorable in her pink things. How luck she is to have you, and vice versa. Gorgeous sunset - thanks for sharing.

Merry said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I love all the handmade gifts you made for Christmas. Something I must do more of next year. Love that cat scarf.

Tanna said...

Wishing you all the very best in 2017, Judy! Still wonderful to see your one of your cute grands modeling knitted love! blessings ~ tanna

Teresa in Music City said...

Happy New Year Judy!!! As you might easily guess, I'm loving that cool cat scarf you made for your granddaughter!!! She's a lucky girl - and she looks like she knows it :*). You did a great job of making it a handmade Christmas - wonderful gifts!!!