My Blog List

Friday, December 16, 2016

"And Lo, the Days Are Hastening On......"

Does anyone besides me wonder who put the clock and calendar on fast forward? It's mid-December already and will soon be 2017.   Yikes!  The packages have been mailed, but there are still gifts to finish and wrap, music to learn, and, oh yeah, the Peace Project.  That is languishing, I'm afraid.  It'll get done eventually, but for sure not by the Dec. 21 date.  Oh well, it's supposed to bring peace, not stress.  I did complete another Interrupted Cowl, however.  (Don't tell anyone though that I have the yarn for two more......They won't get done any time soon either.)




I dove into my stash to find the next project, a Bead Stew bracelet, from Earthfaire.  I'd forgotten how much fun these are to make and also discovered a few more beaded projects patiently waiting for me to discover. (do?)



A while ago I promised to post more photos from the quilt show.  There's not room here for all of them, but when I saw this one I knew I had to include it for Dee.



Speaking of Dee, she is such a talented cross stitcher, and much to our delight, she sent us this sheep that is now reigning over our garden window.  Thank you, Dee!



At the moment it is pretty chilly (for us) here, and lots of plants are looking quite unhappy. Not long ago though Dick caught this photo of one of our Hydrangea plants.  The purple tipped leaves caught his eye.  Aren't they amazing?



And now I need to get back to work on an apron I'm making. Have a good evening.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the little lamb! I surely enjoyed making him for you.

That flamingo quilt is adorable. I guess I'm not the only one that loves them. LOL

Wishing you and Dick a very Merry Christmas!

Araignee said...

Dee's stitching is quite remarkable. That sheep is just adorable!

Betsy said...

Such a precious little sheep! I finished my Peace Cowl and have it blocking now. I rushed with it a bit so I could give it away tomorrow. I do like how it turned out and may make another someday for myself. I just watched the 10:00 news and it's -6F already and predicted to be -12F by morning...before the wind chill is factored in! I'm staying inside, maybe until Sunday when it's supposed to be 20F! A veritable heat wave. Stay warm over there.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tired Teacher said...

It's -20F here this morning according to the thermometer, but I am warm and cozy as I read blogs. My Project Peace Cowl is finished and will soon be at my sister's house.

Love the flamingo quilt and the lamb ornament.

kathy b said...

Fun post Judy. We have lots and lots of snow. It is peaceful and so beautiful. Troy and I snow shoed for an hour thismorning in the Lake geneva woods on the WHite River Trail. We brought hot tea along and 2 cookies. I love my cowl from you. Im ready for Christmas with a few littles to finish up.

Merry said...

Wow a busy lady as always, terrific projects. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

Sharon said...

It is COLD here. Your hydrangea leaves are very beautiful. And what lovely scarves you are making. Have a Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

The sheep is adorable. My December, my year, have also sped by. I can't believe it's 2017 in two more weeks.

karen said...

december arrived fast and furious!! I am in amazement at how quickly it is whizzing by :)

Mereknits said...

I am using recycled yarn to make another cowl, I am almost done with it and will use it for my gift basket to pull out when needed. I do have to buy yarn in a few days to start a baby blanket and I plan on buying more for cowls. They will make great therapist presents for next year, much fast than the Hitchhikers I made this year.

elns said...

Haha, I love how we all see Dee in the flamingos around us! And YES, my husband and I were all freaked out that we were discussing our New Years plans already. "already" that is.