My Blog List

Friday, February 14, 2014

On the Needles


The  Downton Abbey Shawlette from a KAL is on my needles and also on hold until more yarn arrives.  And that may be a while because according to the tracking info, it was almost here (Federal Way) when it got sent off to Dallas, Texas.  How weird is that? That is some detour!


Meanwhille, I've picked up my embroidery needles and am working on this Willowberry pattern which I started ages ago. It will eventually be a quilt, and  the stitching on four blocks is done.  Here are two more of them:




And here is a teaser from block four.


Back to work!  Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that shade of blue. Your stitching is lovely.

Ramona said...

Maybe your yarn is trying to avoid the snow and ice. :) Your blue yarn is so pretty. Love your stitching, too. How fun!

straythreads said...

adorable stitching!!looks like you are thinking spring

Dar said...

Very pretty color for your shawl. Which DA character is it attributed to? Your embroidery blocks are so cute. You are making good use of your time while waiting for more yarn, that's for sure.

Nancy said...

Yarn with an independent streak! I hope it cooperates with you when it arrives.

I haven't done embroidery for years.

kathy b said...

Your teasing me with the heart suspense!

I LOVE the cat and the rabbit.!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Do you suppose that yarn was headed for warmer weather?

The stitching is very nice. I like the cat and rabbit too!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Judy, Your Downton Abbey yarn such a very pretty color.. How strange it went off to Texas..I hope you have finally received it. Your stitching is gorgeous.. Hugs Judy

Tanna said...

Yummy shade of blue!! That bunny and snail are too stinkin' cute! blessings ~ tanna

Teresa in Music City said...

I love the color of your yarn Judy!!! It is going to make a gorgeous shawlette. If you ever get the rest of it of course :) And your stitchery blocks are beautiful! Love the cat of course =^..^=

Charlene ♥ NC said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt! I would be so impatient waiting for that yarn!

Wendy said...

So beautiful Judy...I love the color blue that you are using...hopefully it will be at your doorstep soon.

karen said...

you do such pretty stitching! love the details :)

Susan said...

Well your Veranda Views is moving right along!