My Blog List

Monday, February 17, 2014

Saved !




Whew!  They finally made it.  I wish they could talk and tell me about their journey but  am so glad they arrived so I can finish my project.  This photo also shows their true color a bit better; there's a definite green in amongst the blue.  I've also learned that alpaca, at least this yarn, doesn't have the best stitch definition, but it sure is nice and soft.


Here's a teaser from block five.  Chooks, I guess that's what they're called in Australia? You'll have to wait a bit to see this one finished at the end of the month along with block four.


When I was looking in my stash for a specific color of DMC thread, which I never did find, I discovered these little shoes sans the hearts.  They are size 3-6 mos. and it dawned on me that it was now or never for Stella.  Thanks to Kathyb"s perfect timing with her heart post, I whipped these off.  Haven't heard whether they fit or not though.


Max and I enjoyed a story together until he got distracted by his sister.


They are great friends.....for now.  I had fun feeding Stella her first cereal.  But now we're back home and it's time to get those needles busy.  

10 comments:

BeadBag said...

lovely photos.
Shirley xxxxx

karen said...

your little grands are delightful to see. Glad you are home safely and ready to create more gifts!

Anonymous said...

Stella's little shoes are adorable! I made two pair of those when our church choir director had twins. Their's had the rainbow for Noah's Ark.

Hearts are so perfect for little Miss Stella.

Nancy said...

What a fun post!

Stella's shoes are adorable as is the image of Max & Stella. Precious moments

Wendy said...

So glad that your yarn has made it to you...cannot wait to see the finished project that you are making. Great pics of the grans.

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah, what sweet times! Aren't they precious. And what a beautiful blue that yarn is!

Debra Dixon said...

I would definitely wear those heart shoes if they were my size!

Janet said...

The little shoes are so cute! Love the last two photos. :-)

kathy b said...

aw heart heart love! THey look so sweet on those baby shoes!
Love your grans photos

Unknown said...

The blue alpaca yarn is very pretty. And I know how soft it is...as it's one of my favorite yarns too!

The chocks and the heart shoes... adorable.

And your grands... what cuties!