Our frosty weather is gone, and the rain has returned, allowing time to finish some projects and revisit others. The April Showers sock is growing! I caught up and am ready to start Clue 3 which includes the gussets and some rain drops, as if we need any more. LOL
This week I finished two scarves, another ruffly one and a long-standing UFO. This is the second black sparkly scarf, but this time I was very disappointed in the yarn. It had a 30" piece right in the middle of the ball that was defective, all raveled and without sparkle. The end result was a shorter scarf. :-( I was upset enough to email the company, and they nicely offered to send me a replacement ball.*
The other scarf is from a very fun Ann Norling pattern and made with Tonalita, a Trendsetter yarn. When I finished I realized that I'd added 2 stitches and that one end is a bit bigger than the other. It hasn't bugged me enough to rip....yet. But it's a good lesson to remember to check the stitch count frequently, even on a scarf!
Lastly, I'm happy to report that all of the blue embroidery lines washed out of my Sunbonnet Sew blocks, and I have half of them sashed. Yay! Now back to work.......
*UPDATE: My goodness! They sent me a package with 3 balls of yarn, a tape measure, a wonderful knitting bag and several patterns for projects using that yarn. What amazing service!