My Blog List

Monday, July 28, 2008

Knitting on the Road

On our road trips while Dick drives, I knit. (Actually I knit in the car whenever we go anywhere if the trip is longer than a couple of miles!) He almost always drives because whenever the two of us are in the same car with me driving, the road conditions invariably deteriorate. It's quite uncanny! So, he's happy to drive, and I'm happy to knit. Usually I work on something that isn't too complicated so I can enjoy the scenery too. On our recent trip, I finished these two scarves as well as two bonnets and got a good start on some socks and a baby sweater. Not bad for 10 days.
Jill's scarf
These are two more Poof and Kiddo scarves. I love that combination as it makes the softest scarf ever. The yarn is by Crystal Palace, and I'm eyeing some more Kiddo to go with some Poof for which the color wasn't true on our computer.
Catherine's Scarf
I'll have to do a separate "bonnet post" because those photos are still in the camera. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Barbara C said...

Hi Judy,
You must've driven by my town in Humboldt County if you took the 101 from Oregon to Palo Alto. If you took Highway 5, the inland route, then you were far away.

If you turn on your email reply in your blogger settings, I can reply to you by email.

Nice scarves! I took a sock on my San Diego trip and didn't touch it once.

Lapplisor said...

I knit and embroidery also always in the car…
however only as a front seat passenger… ;o)
otherwise am me the lost time too preciously, without being productive.
Your scarves look very beautiful, Judy.
♥☼♥ Barbara ♥☼♥

Ele said...

A great team: Dick is driving and Judy is knitting, how wonderful!

Your scarfes look beautiful, warm and anice colour.

Have a nice knitting time and take care, whereever you are

Gabriele

Kathy Raker said...

Judy, lovely scarves. Wow, knitting in the car. I can barely read a map in the car without getting sick. LOL So, front seat, head up looking out the window at all times.