My Blog List

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Mother Nature Is Amazing, Isn't She?


We occasionally pass this tree on one of our walks and find it's huge root system amazing! I guess this is what having "deep roots" means.

                                                     

And then there's this amaryllis that just won't quit, but I do think this is it's last bud and this time with "only" four flowers.

~~~

Today I've been working on a sweater and the button holes are driving me nuts! Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

That tree is gorgeous! That flower has been a show stopper! As for the buttonholes....well, remember you can do some hand stitching to fix them up when you are done! lol

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very jealous of your amaryllis - mine died. :(

Tired Teacher said...

Such a beautiful amaryllis!

Araignee said...

I dread buttonholes. I only make pullovers for myself but right now I am working on 2 cardis for Son and I am NOT looking forward to doing those fronts. I bought a little fold out gadget for getting them all even but I really don't have any idea how to use it since I haven't got that far having had to rip out the sweaters several times for sizing issues.

SueR said...

Beautiful flower! Buttonholes--did you google it, maybe something on YouTube that would help?

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sorry...can't help with the knitting. Your amaryllis is stunning!

Sandy said...

I love trees and find them fascinating. If only they could talk. The things they seen and heard. Beautiful that your flower is still providing such beauty.

karen said...

Nature truly is amazing and a gift that keeps on giving!!

Juliann in WA said...

I will be no help with the button hole question because I knit pullovers. Have you tried looking up ideas on Modern Daily Knitting? I see this article https://www.moderndailyknitting.com/community/techniques-depth-making-buttonholes/
Good luck