My Blog List

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Happy January!


As you may have heard, our state has had almost 6 inches of rain this month! However, we did have one gorgeous day last Sunday and had a great view of Mount Baker when we took our walk. This mountain gets lots of snow, and the last time we were there in the summer, there was still snow in the parking lot even though it was 80 degrees outside!


One of our crazy Christmas cactus plants thinks it's still December and is having its last word. One flower is better than none, right?

~~~~~~~~

Have a nice day! We are off on a walk before it starts to pour...again. No more finishes yet; I have been fighting with a hat for a couple of days now. Sigh.



 

8 comments:

Dee said...

Maybe the hat needs to be in time out until it learns to behave. LOL

Our Christmas cactus was just the opposite. It was done blooming before Christmas arrived.

Araignee said...

What a view! We've had a wet few weeks too-rain and then snow. They are calling for something ugly this weekend but I'm going to ignore it until I can't. Today was gorgeous and it was so good to get out again.

kathy b said...

I need it to get pretty and somewhat wind1ess outside. I can do co1d, but not wind.
I 1ove your p1ant!!

Betsy said...

We have had a few gorgeous days in the 50's and sunshine but on Friday that is supposed to change. We're predicted to get 5-8 inches of snow on Friday and more on Saturday. Bleh.
Maybe the hat needs to be put in time-out and work on something else for a few days. :-)
Stay warm and safe.
Blessings,
Betsy

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's all cold, with a little snow here. I'd love some rain (other than the mudhole it turns the catio into!)

Delighted Hands said...

What a beautiful view! When I visited in May many years ago for my honeymoon, Mt Rainier still had snow and we had a snowball fight! Happy thoughts.
Hope you work out the hat hassles!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Mt. Baker is gorgeous covered in snow. My amaryllis is just starting to open its buds. I should have blooms by next week.

karen said...

we have had more rain that I care to have but we are expecting snow this weekend! My cactus only did two blossoms this year!